Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i play airsoft and to some extent paintball but mostly airsoft

any one here play air soft ?

i have a veriaty of soft air weapons including my favorite the M16A1 which i have a single shot spring one

the XM177 is another good soft air gun its compact and very light right now i realy want to go and buy an air rifle i have got an HKMP5 on order from tokyo mauri (full automatic)

most of my friends whom i play air soft with live and die by automatic weapons and generaly say "what you going to do with that heap of s**t you aint going to get passed us with our guns" hehehe

but what they dont realise is that there is a saying and it goes like this "one shot one kill" obviously they havnt heard this before as long as they stay dumb i stay one step ahead.

any one here enjoy the plesure of airsoft or paintball?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i absolutly love airsoft and play almost every time i can my friend runs an airsoft site and its great fun to play and be part of a team

·
Registered
576 Posts
I agree that playing with a team is much better than freelancing. Also it's a garuntee that any comms-kit you might have will function; a few times I've seen some absolutely brilliant solutions to the comms-nightmare that is many public games.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wanted to get into AS but naw. Im a BIG TIME paintball player. And I dont play the type of PB where u walk aroundin the woods with cammies on. To me and the ballers lilke me that is retarded. We do tournyball. Thats basicly speedball. Its where you have two teams, one at one end of the field..vice versa. And inbetween the teams are MANY bunkers. Either dranage tubes(hyperball) or inflatable bunkers(sup
'airball). Bunkers can be up to your stomac, well above your head, up to your ankle and so forth. Thre is a **** load of terms for PB, especialy tourneyball. But anyway, the rounds usualy last only 2-3 minutes but when your emptying your pods, the time is not on your mind. Speedball goes against all things that you guys do in terms of being snipers. We have a saying, "accuracy by volume". You waste LOTS of paint. Off the break (thats the very first seconds of the round) and ofcourse when your having a shoot out with the other team. Thers 3 types of players. Front, Mid, Back. The front player is the one that is the fastest. Off the break he runs almost into the other teams bunkers. There for causing lots of **** for them. The midi also advances off theb reak but not as much as front players. The back player is a key role. He gets to his bunker *back of field* and lays down an overwelming load of paint in his lane so the front player can get to his spot. Then ofcourse during the round you move a lot. Snapping in/out from the bunker, sprinting, diving (very fun if you dive over a snake) and some more things.

This type of paintball is..well colorfull. If u arive in camies you're an outcast. The jerseys are colorfull the markers are colorfull (fade colors are HOT..ex red to black fade), everything is. How your equipment looks IS something every baller loves to improve on. High end markers go around $700-$1400+ Tanks can be $150-$400 (nitro tanks because Co2 shoots like crap compared to this) and O my GOD, the paint. Good paint is $50 for 2000 rounds. Lots of money goes into paint. But if your 5 or 7 man team can get a sponsorship, youll be lucky. Another thing that goes against what snipers are use to, the triggers. The trigger pull on these markers are ment to be as light as possible but remain controllable. The trigger pull also is very short. This way you get a sh** load of paint out've your barrrel.

Lol I got carried away there. Maby this is informative for some of you. But basicy what im saying is thres two types of PB. woodsball and tourneyball. There are even BIG tourneys. Theres also the NPPL (National Pro Paintball Leauge) and NXL (National X-Ball Leage) Either way you go, stay away from wal mart crap *unless they sell good markers which they rarely do, and those arent top o the line* But if u and your buds enjoy it, what ever set up you use then your set.

This is a sup'air field but indoors :cry:
crappy representation of a sup air field but itll do.

Dye DM5. Closed bolt

WDP Angel with a Revy(slang for 12V Revolution hopper) and n2 tank. Barrel should be 2 inches shorter though.

Heh thanks for barring with me. ASk away if u want

·
Registered
365 Posts
Now i gotta go in my basment and practice snapping in/out, diving and all that good stuff. Would do it outside but damm its raining. we play in rain too but im not gonna get my market dirty for noting. only when im playing.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i've used airsoft guns b4........the single shot ones are ****...never buy them...they break in about a month or 2 if you use them alot...i just gave up on it...i'm just gonna save up to shoot real guns ect.

~dom~

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
hypno02 said:
i've used airsoft guns b4........the single shot ones are stuff...never buy them...they break in about a month or 2 if you use them alot...i just gave up on it...i'm just gonna save up to shoot real guns ect.

~dom~
There ya go.. finally someone gets it. You can either spend 300 bucks on a toy... or 300 bucks on ammo. I wonder which i'll pick. :roll:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
as i learned 175$ later.......................
~dom~

·
Registered
314 Posts
i use em to plink with... they're really fun to shoot... i have a DPMS Panther Carbine, Walther P99, and Baretta M9, all work
i also have an HK USP but... well... at least its fixable...

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I can understand some people owning them in countries like mine, where, say, I will just never own an AK-47 or a PPK. Sadly, thems the breaks, ain't gonna happen. So if someone wanted something like an AK that fired, even pellets, more power to em I guess. I picked up an SKS for 1/3 the cost of an airsoft so I could fire 7.62x39, but some of the younger gang might have years to go before they can do that.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Why not just move to the states and pick up one of these puppies?!

Soviet AMD-65... Airborne version of the AK-M. :)

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Oh baby!

Never seen one of those before, thanks for posting.

I suppose if I do go to Montana, it wouldn't hurt to check the "Help Wanted" section of the paper heh heh heh

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

The airborne version of the AKM is the AKS.
It doesn't have that stupid forward hand-grip.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Im just going by what a foriegn weapons expert who teachs the foriegn weapons school told me... All in all... its an AMD-65. If we want to get real politically correct... we can call it a Chechyn baby killer. :|

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

I never said it wasn't an AMD-65, I said the varient issued to Soviet para's was the AKS. :p

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
What type of unit would the Russian's have issued an AMD-65?

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I never saw that thing before, that was right, but now that it isn't 3 AM and I actually think about it...AMD-65 is Hungarian, not Russian, and they issued it to their operators. Granted, they probably pop up all over the world. The ones I saw looked just like AK-47s with wood stocks, thats why I couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I just looked at it... the lower reciever is Bulgarian and the upper (barrel group) is Hungarian. If i remember correctly... the AMD reciever was designed in Bulgaria. The reciever is a dimple stamped design... and has fairly loose fitting parts... VERY reliable.

The AMD-63 is the rifle version with the wood stock... the AMD-65 is the carbine version with the folding stock.

BC

1 - 20 of 76 Posts