Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of you play games but here is a good game and its FREE!!! www.AmericasArmy.com You can also go to the local Army recruiter and get the game on CD for free. (it might cost you a few push ups though :wink: ) My screen name in the game is SSgt.JHenry.8654... Ballistic_Coefficiency doesnt fit by a few letters :? This is a good game to play untill Mel's game comes out. (its free and the graphics are good... the weapons are the most realistic in any game i have seen... they jam depending on type of enviornment... how many rounds fired... how fast you fire... the ballistics are relativly realistic as well.)

Here are some screen shots of myself sniping in the game. For some reason when i converted the pictures from BITMAP to JPEG some of the colors changed slightly... and it got a little blury on some parts of the pics.

You can see the sand fly in the air from the muzzle blast.

Heres a shot of the sniper from the spotter's view.

This looks like a good spot... ill set up the bipod.

Looking for movement... scanning with and without optics.

Picture taken when i fired... recoil makes it appear i was off target. It was a clean headshot.

Flank to the right to confirm headshot. You can see the hits all over the wall from the SAW gunner marking the target with tracers.

New spot... its a little foggy up here.

Confirming headshot on previous shot... kill confirmed.

New spot... new rifle. MK-12 Mod 0 SPR with 35Db supressor and 16X50mm Leupold VX-III Lit mil dot reticle.

Multiple enemy contacts... kills confirmed. 3 shots 2 kills. 1 headshot 2 chest shots.

One shot one kill... headshot on enemy sniper.

You can use the binoculars to scan and mark targets.

BC

·
Registered
222 Posts
I do like this game it is very fun to play. My name is Delta_Team, I like the SF_Hospital map the best. We should play some time.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drew said:
I like the SF_Hospital map the best. We should play some time.
SF Hospital lags like crazy on my PC (even with a ping of 25 or so)... i guess it doesnt help that i have all the graphics options turned all the way up and on 1280X1024 resolution. :lol: What other maps do you play? I like the Bridge SE and Mountain Pass SE maps alot. Every once in a while ill do a CQB map. All depends on the mood im in i guess.

Also... do you have Team Speak? I have a server if you want to use it. I tried sending you an IM on yahoo messenger not sure if you got it... ill give you the server IP and info over yahoo messenger.

BC

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeh I play Americas Army as well, and yes its an awsome game. I usually only play Aussie servers as the Ping/lag it too high on US servers. My log in is currently Pvt-KIM338-={KTS}=-.

There is the AA tracker which tracks your gameplay and collects statistics on yourself and other players. http://aaotracker.4players.de/portal.php

BC I see you were on a cheat server...naughty naughty...but is fun lol

Anyone who is intrested can get more info or download the game from here http://www.americasarmy.com/

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mulga said:
BC I see you were on a cheat server...naughty naughty...but is fun lol
I like to play on the All Weapons servers (they dont allow GOD / GHOST / FLY modes only all weapons). That way i can use whatever weapon i want by simply spawning one using the "mpcheat changeweapon *enter weapon name*" command. Myself and

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
That is a great game. My SN on there is APK-223, shocking i know. :p The cheat maps are awsome, I love the SPR, but I don't normally play on those because my honor is only like 16 and I have been tryin to get it up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
for some wierd reason, AA would never allow me to join the server... i havnt played it in a while, so ill download it and try to get it to work... my SN would be Grach9mm (like my AIM sn)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Max338 said:
for some wierd reason, AA would never allow me to join the server... i havnt played it in a while, so ill download it and try to get it to work...
Did you go through all the training? You have to go through boot camp... rifle qual... MOUT training... and a few other things. Which maps you can play depends on how much training you have.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mulga said:
There has beed a new version released recently...all you need to do is download the correct patch.
Yea... you have to see what version of the game you have and update it to the current version. Make sure to get the patch that updates your version to the current version.

Official AA Site: www.AmericasArmy.com
Full Game Download: www.AmericasArmy.com/downloads/
Update Patch Site: www.AmericasArmy.com/downloads/patches.php
"AA" Game Manual: www.AmericasArmy.com/downloads/manuals.php

BC

·
Registered
576 Posts
I used to play a lot of AA/O, I did like those ABN maps. First thing I did was complete Basic Infantry & MOUT, then hit the ABN school. Nailed the marked DZ on the second go. The first, was "Ah ****, there's an overshoot."

Gave it up. Had to. Turned into some kind of freakish little CounterStrike clone. I was pretty good with the M-16A2 in-game, but couldn't get that damn expert qualification to save my skin.

I've some good memories from it, but mostly bad. Unfortunately, it was a good system.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Oh man, I know what you mean qualifying lol. I tried to use the character's breathing properly but some times he missed shots for no good reason, it seemed.

Used to play a lot at work, where I had a much better PC than I do at home.

Good game though, I really liked it. The airborne instructor was cool.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your probably missing the long range targets on the M-16A2 qualification right? You have to aim at the head to hit the target in the chest at the longer range targts. The close in to medium distance targets you can aim dead on. Also... try making a button OFF of the mouse the trigger... so that when you hit the fire button it does not move the mouse at all. Either that or get a trigger job on your mouse. :lol:

BC

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got a score of 37 after about 10 tries. I reckon there is a bug programmed in to make it hard. I have hit a target 3 times and it still didnt go down.

The trick is to only use 1 shot per target.

Players who boast 40/40 scores have to be cheatin as it would be near impossible to do.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
The idea of slaving a fire button to the keyboard is awesome! Thanks BC. I noticed that if the mouse moves at all, even if you are still on target, it will be a miss. Suprisingly (or not suprisingly :lol: ) I still wasn't smart enough to think of that lol.

Just the same I will have my mouse tuned to a nice 3.5 pounds with no creep or overtravel

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Mulga said:
Players who boast 40/40 scores have to be cheatin as it would be near impossible to do.
Thats how we did it in the Army :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive been playing AA for a year now, now im a Chalk leader in the [75thR]www.75thrangers.us But i couldnt give a rats ass for most of the people in it, just Echo squad. We are in Two top ten ladders, but im getting sick of the game and have been playin Swat 4.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i cant seem to ever get AA/O to connect to a server, and niether am i able to find my version number, could someone help me with this?

·
Registered
156 Posts
shikaku. When you open the game up . At the main menu your version number is in the top right of the screan bellow the AA banner. The current version is 2.3.0

1 - 20 of 33 Posts