Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I use to play that game A LOT! Year or more. I loved my SAW or my M16A2. Oh and how cant ya forgett the smokes! Best smoke grenade I ever seen!
I use to play MOUT McKenna and FLS and Swamp raid the most. BUt I got rid of it and its like a 762 MB DL. Im 56k. So unless someone burns me a copy, then i aint playing. NOw im playin Team Fortress Classic a lot.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
we should make an SC team!!! And kill all who oppose us!!! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Which brings me to my next question. Can you set up your own gaming server for this?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yes, but it must be a dedicated server. All of which costs money + time, which would be better served elsewheres.

That said, if someone had money and time, then we'd be good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
So, I couldnt just set it up on a LAN for a group function?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
12twist said:
So, I couldnt just set it up on a LAN for a group function?
No you have to pay the Army... i think its the Army anyway... to rent out a server spot. This is pretty much my only gripe about the game. Once you have your own server rented out however... you are in full control of it with 100% administrator rights. You could... set up a LAN server but then we would all have to directly hook up our PC's to each other... :? (if i understand how a LAN works correctly anyway)

BC

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Well that would be ideal if I invite a bunch of friends over.....got this huge 24 port cisco switch....itchin to be used. :)

WHy do they allow the download of server software if ya cant use it I wonder?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Im sure you can run a server with the software downloaded. However for it to be a 'Honor' server it needs to be registered and i presume thats where the money comes into it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I tried to set up a normal (non honor) server before... several times... and it never worked. I think (if i remember correctly) i needed some kind of access code or key number or somthing.

BC

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Im gonna give it a shot. If its successful, would you like me to let you know about it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Fair enough BC. I hvaent even tried to set one up. I know for some reason there arnt any Honor servers here in Australia. So im having a hard time geting my honor up as im always playin the non-honor low ping servers here. When I play US servers im playing with a minimum 90fps which sucks for sniping.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Training / qualification / specialty schools are single player... actual game play is multi player only. There is a console game version for XBox and playstation i beleive... which is both single player and multi player.

BC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there!
I'm also a fan of America's Army, and it's a wonderful game. I normally exclusively play on American servers since the ping/lag on Australian locations is too high. There's also the
code shark card gratuit tracking system, which keeps track of your progress and collects information on you as well as similar participants.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts