·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a rent a cop, sort of. I provide security for nuclear materal.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
DOE or State?

BC

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
That picture is cool.....Im glad you dont work at a mall with all that gear on!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
DOE or State?

BC
We work for a pvt co, but under the NRC guidlines. 10 crf outlines what we can do, training etc. They upgraded security after 9/11 and thats when I got on. I used to work at the local sheriff deptment in the jail. This pays better, better benefits etc.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, you just need to get the URL to the picture, and then put it inside of the IMG tags when posting on the board.

There are a few threads on this if you want to search the forums.

there you go

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
12twist said:
That picture is cool.....Im glad you dont work at a mall with all that gear on!
LOL yeah, as soon as I read "rent a cop" I was thinking "Ekaphoto can't be a mall ninja?!?" Then I read the rest lol. Cool stuff man, awesome job and great photo.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ekaphoto said:
I am a rent a cop, sort of.
Rent-A-Cops gets flashlights, radios, and sometimes annoying golf carts to assist their patrol of the local mall...

Rent-A-Warrior is what you look like! Is that auto or just semi?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Rent-a-warrior... they have a word for that... starts with an M... :wink:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scatch Maroo said:
ekaphoto said:
I am a rent a cop, sort of.
Rent-A-Cops gets flashlights, radios, and sometimes annoying golf carts to assist their patrol of the local mall...

Rent-A-Warrior is what you look like! Is that auto or just semi?

Scatch Maroo
Hey, we have some tough malls around here. :D It's semi, but being in the peoples republik of kalifornia it is a restricted weapon. Our weapons are stamped "for law enforcement or government use only" Title 10 federal code of regulations states we can be in possesion of restricted weapons on or off duty thus we get to pack it around. While the job may sound fun it is basicaly high paid guard duty. Not much diffrent than the Army except we carry ammo and get paid a lot better. Oh yea, I can grow a beard and get fat as well.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
spade said:
Im thinking about going into that line of work... either blackwater or executive industries... blackwater pays there tier one up to 17K a month... non taxable... executive industries pays there tier one up to 20K a month... non taxable. And... while makin the big money... id still be serving my Country.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
One of my two buds in the Forces is based in Gagetown, New Brunswick, going through battle school and armoured school right now. He told me on the phone that one day in the gym there was some older (30's) guys working out in nice t shirts with a bear paw on them, wonder what they were doing here?

He said they looked hardcore, anyway.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Blackwater does work for several other countries besides the US... the UK and Canada are a few of them. What they were actually doing there... i have no clue.

BC

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ex-Infantry types like myself are kinda screwed when leaving the service. Not many companies need someone whos training was killing and holding ground.

Hence I am sucking it up in college at the moment. Man, I knew I shouldn't have gotten a GED.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Sub, if the universities there are like the ones here, could you take a placement test since you would be a "Mature student"? Maybe skip college that way.

BC, I wonder what they were up to lol...He didn't wanna disturb them, and I can't blame him.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
spade said:
Im thinking about going into that line of work... either blackwater or executive industries... blackwater pays there tier one up to 17K a month... non taxable... executive industries pays there tier one up to 20K a month... non taxable. And... while makin the big money... id still be serving my Country.

BC
Look at dynacorp as well. They gave me a job offer to train the Iraqi cops, but it was only a one year contract. I would have went, but couldnt get a one year leave of absence and I would need a job when I got back.

Dyncorp are the folks that fly the aircraft in south america that sprat the coca fields. They are also the ones that guard Hamid Karzi in asscrackastan.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
No offense to any one... but im a just a "little" ( :lol: ) bit more high speed than a iraqi police instructor... :) Thanks for the info though.

BC

·
Registered
524 Posts
!

There a good and bad PMC's out there.....you are only and good as the men you work with so make sure you check out the other people they hire before you sign up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts