Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Tell him to give Major Glen Burnside a BIG, WET kiss!!!!!! And then run like hell!!

K2

Major Burnside is a recruiter at A&M for the Corp. He's a little guy! Only about 6'3" and 230lbs. A good friend and a GREAT guy!!! Your brother probably knows him if he was in the Corps. SO! Have your brother give hime a BIG, WET kiss, AND RUN LIKE HELL!!!! Tell him his cousin Louise's friend & neighbor made him do it!!

K2

Man, the SuperCub sounds perfect for my type of flying around Western Montana. Unfortunetly, no money for plane ownership... at least not yet. Someday

Currently flying my buddies Beech Musketeer

MEL

K2,

Yes I am out of college and working full time. I dont need anyone to support me, I just need a good deer lease.

The Aggies? If the deer hunting is good the Aggies are great.
I was down in your part of the country Saturday at the Flour Bluff high school football stadium. I was there watching my cousin's boy play Pop Warner football. For a bunch of 7-9 year olds those kids were hitting.

Gee K2!! you must have your own oil wells on that property!!

For the last 35-odd years it's been...One surfboard...$400
Two wetsuits.....$400
Surf leash.........$ 40
surfwax / year..$ 24 = under a grand!

Now I'm shooting!!

:shock:

!

Kiwi:

35 years and one surfboard......what on earth is it made out of.
:D

I think they make surf boards cheap here so keep breaking them and you have to keep buying them. :(

Kiwi:

No, no oil wells. But I do have a few patents that are used daily in oil production and processing that provide a nice income. I also realized at an early age that preparing for the future and investing wisely would pay dividends (pun intended!) later. My ranch (paid for) is also a working ranch and produces a nice income that is not subject to fluctuations in the oil business. I even manage to make a little money at my roping competitions (when my heeler has his act together). Its amazing how "lucky" you can get when you work hard and plan ahead. A little genuine luck thrown in doesn't hurt either. Work smart, plan ahead and minimize your debt (ESPECIALLY long-term debt on non-appreciating items like cars) and at my age (57) you'll be able to do whatever the hell you want when you want. Also, stay healthy and in shape so you can enjoy your "retirement".

K2

Flea

....that's an approximation per year for the board...and I've never snapped one, most probably because I have always bought top quality boards.

K2

...if only I'd been as smart as you.....I thought I was going to be forever young and do nothin' but surf untill the day I drowned in 20' waves :D ...but no....I survived!!! :shock: and here I am at 52 knowing I'll work till I'm at least 65 (it's lucky I like what I do)....still I've had some GREAT waves!! :) :)

Expensive hobbies... what a first post! I actually think shooting is one of my least expensive umm... habits. Oh, and hi! I'm just a good old mtn boy who loves to shoot in my spare time. :mrgreen:

Hobbies:
My biggest money sink, currently strapping out ~320hp

My second most expensive hobby, computing (and also my profession)

My 2002 Honda CBR 600F4i (Ignore my pasty skin! :oops:)

I've been shooting some form of firearm for as long as I can remember, and enjoy target shooting just as much as going out into the countryside and hunting. I'm also into downhill skiing (I used to race, hence why I could never join up as I have a blown knee), mountain bike, aggresive inline skate, party and ummm... I think that covers it. I run a small computer consulting firm I founded while I was in college, but am looking to go back to grad school to get my MBA. We'll see...

I've not gotten to take the EVO on any courses yet, though there was an auto-x race a few months ago that I didn't know about until the Monday after it happened! :x On the other hand, I've had the bike on the track a number of times. My buddies and I used to go to the AMA superbike races and take the classes for racing. I say "used" to, as they're all getting married and settling down and not in the hellraiser mood as much. :(

Sometime this afternoon I'm calling the insurance about the EVO... I smacked a doe coming home from dinner with some family. :x That's the second deer I've had to shoot in the past week from a car accident! (First one I watched a van hit and drive off while it was still flopping around in the road) We have such a horrible overpopulation problem here it's not funny. With all of the disease and malnutrition, urban encroachment is only part of the problem.

Yeah, the deer problem is really bad here too... especially right now, its hunting season. (deer are not dumb, they tend to find there way into the city when its hunting season).

The EVO should be fun around a race course....

MEL

Well if it's anything like going through the twisties here in the mountains, it'll be a blast on a course! I ditched the Yokohama rubber for Michelin Pilots due to our adverse weather up here, and it handles great! I've also swapped in 3" ID exhaust pieces from the turbo back (including a solid titanium cat-back exhaust, talk about weight savings!), and reflashed the ECU. The end result is an absolute demon that eats STis alive... 8)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.