Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across September Tapes today in the movie store. Was with the wifee so I did a quick read of the back and decided to get it. It turned out to be a documentory of an american who goes over to Afganastan in search of Bin Laden. It has some very intense graffic seens, but it was a good movie.
They have a trailer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I watched it again a second time. I really do not have the words to describe this film. The documentory is based on this guy trying to follow bounty hunters to kill Osama. It turned out that his wife died in one of the planes on Sept 11. He sold his house and car and headed over to Afganistan. His plans all along were to go and kill terrorists. It says that the 8 tapes filmed were found be the Pakastani's and Northern Allience, then turned over to the Americans. What I am trying to figure out if this is one of those "Blair Witch" movies that they hype as real and it then turns out to be a fake.
Synopsis from there site:
Eight tapes were found where the last known battle between Osama bin Laden and rebel forces took place in the Taliban stronghold of Southern Afghanistan. These tapes reveal filmmaker Don Larson's travels to the war-torn country of Afghanistan six months after 9/11 and follow him and a bounty hunter on the trailer of Osama bin Laden. In this rare look behind-the-scenes of war-torn Afghanistan, the filmmaker, his cameraman, and their translator/guide find themselves traveling in the middle of a battleground, camera in hand, capturing raw footage and encountering dangerous Taliban fighters. Much of the film's footage was held by the U.S. Department of Defense. It is the first non-Afghani film shot in Afghanistan since the fall of the Taliban, and it is also the first feature film shot in an active war zone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Interesting!

Without plugging can you tell us which store you found it in and what the date of release was ?
Rusty

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HollyWood Video, not sure of the release date though but I think it had to of been recently.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up a copy of it at the PX in Baghdad. I sat through it, and I find it lacking a lot of credibility. The camera work is good at certain points, but shaky and blurred anytime detail might be a problem to the story. And how many times was he jumped on for filming, mostly by people with weapons, and not one bothered to just take the camera. I've been dealing with Iraqi's who would pull the fillings out of your teeth if they thought they could pawn them, and he's rolling around with several hundred dollars, an expensive camera, no weapon, and just gets to keep them. The last straw was the dramatic fade out when he suppossedly got killed, yeah....I could see that, down right conveinent time for the batteries to fail. This film and the Blair Witch trails have a lot in common, including they both belong in the trash, which is right where the copy I bought is now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I watched the commentary and it was clearly not real(documentary). From what they said in it, thee was some truth mixed in here and there.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That preview was very good. Im gonna get this sometime. The night vision lens for the camera in a firefight with those tracers going by looks awsome too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts