Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone seen/fired the new P99 and P99 comact? they look like theyve taken out the old faults of the P99...

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
How are they diffrent? What were the faults before? I was looking at one about a year ago, but didn't get it. Tell me more.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the differences are cosmetic, it has a picatinny rail underneath instead of that crappy rail that it had before, slide serrations are larger and deeper,
pics say it all..

^new version

old version

·
Registered
565 Posts
Haven't tried it. But I've alwasy said it has one of the best pistolgrips in the world - and one of the crappiest triggers.

If they've fixed the latter it should be a fairly decent shooter now.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from what FLEA had said in the past, the DA/SA and the DAO are good, but the QA triggers suck a**, dunno... ill read up....

·
Registered
492 Posts
A friend of mine bought one against my advice and he hates it. It keeps falling apart. The rear sight has even fell out of the damn thing. I haven't met anyone that shoots them well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My name is james, but I don't go around like a retard callin myself James bond. If you did not know that JB carried a PPK than maybe you are the type of person to buy a P99. Good luck with that and budwieser is great when cold in a bottle on a hot summer night. Enjoy.. SD

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
shikaku said:
he actually does carry the p99.
thank you my wise friend....
[quote:3tvr9yhx]
If you did not know that JB carried a PPK than maybe you are the type of person to buy a P99.
That would be a PPK there Chief.
repeat after me "I'm sorry Shikaku, for being such an ignorant, ill never challange your knowlage of James Bond ever again."[/quote:3tvr9yhx]

I hate to whiz in your cornflakes, but the site is wrong. That is NOT a P99 he is holding. It is the SW99. Look ate the slide. The difrence is the SW99 has a rounded slide and the P99 is square. So technially he doesn't have a P99. :wink: On the other hand they are basically the same gun except the slide conture and one has a slightly longer bbl than the other, something like 1/4 in.

BTW I am just ribbing you, no bad intent.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
We should have SCUFC. We can bring a cage and some gloves to the BBQ.

All disagreements would be squared off.

I'll ref... No biting...

-(lefty) snowy

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
snowy said:
I'll ref... No biting...

-(lefty) snowy
Fine, take away my fight plan.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
You can still kick him in the twins :lol: I think the mod shoud ref 8)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ekaphoto said:
shikaku said:
he actually does carry the p99.
thank you my wise friend....
[quote:m3zgfvwd]
If you did not know that JB carried a PPK than maybe you are the type of person to buy a P99.
[quote:m3zgfvwd]

That would be a PPK there Chief.
repeat after me "I'm sorry Shikaku, for being such an ignorant, ill never challange your knowlage of James Bond ever again."[/quote:m3zgfvwd]

I hate to whiz in your cornflakes, but the site is wrong. That is NOT a P99 he is holding. It is the SW99. Look ate the slide. The difrence is the SW99 has a rounded slide and the P99 is square. So technially he doesn't have a P99. :wink: On the other hand they are basically the same gun except the slide conture and one has a slightly longer bbl than the other, something like 1/4 in.

BTW I am just ribbing you, no bad intent.[/quote:m3zgfvwd]

for those of you that are still not believing...

thats the 007 commemorative model

1 - 20 of 21 Posts