Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying a glock 22 (.40) and they had the regular and the compensated version (for a few bucks more).

I have shot compensated 1911's and such but never a glock.

Anyone have any knowledge or backround with them?

Is the recoil difference that noticeable? Do it affect accuracy....by how much? Anything else you can think of.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I shot the G21C at the range, and it was a bit lighter in terms of recoil, and it seemed accuracy was fine, but I was shooting for body placement, not necessarily target-shooting.

I personally found the extra flash to be somewhat distracting at first, hehe.

I'm sure you're familiar with the redirection of sound/light, and why compensation can be impractical.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
94 Posts
My wife likes to shoot her comped target glock 9mm, the model escapes me right now. I'm not a fan of glocks because they don't seem to fit my hand very well. It's been a life long problem with most hand guns for. To be honest it really dose not fit my wifes hand very well but she likes it.

I find the glock comps to not reduce recoil or muzzel whip as much as any aftermarket comp. I have a 1911 with a tussey stealth comp on it chambered in 45 and it's sweet. If your planning on entering into any race gun competion you might want to look at other options. If you want to shoot a more managable glock then by all means there great.
One thing to note. After 2000 rounds she needed to have a bunch of work done to it and now its a tack driver.
sorry about the spelling I'm typing in rush
Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
!

Thanks for the input....... Im not looking for a race gun or a competition gun.....just a new conceal carry. (the sights on my p99 and my new wardrobe do go together well)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Flea,

I've shot a Glock C type.

The last time we shot it I noticed something very interesting. When you shoot the C type Glocks in low light or darness, say in your house, perhaps as a night-stand sidearm, the flash that it creates can be blinding.

At the range, it was really cloudy and it was unusually dark but it really showed us what kind of light those ports can produce, especially if you fire a quick string of shots. Its not really bad but it will take some getting use to I think, especially at night or in lowlight conditions.

Other than that for quick series of shots in daylight, its feels a little better than a regular Glock. Added accuracy by my bear paws was marginal but it did feel a little more agile. Not a handgun authority here but I love shooting new guns :twisted:

Hope that helps bud :D

Post pics when you get it :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts