Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,249 Posts
Hell yes. I use Patch out and recently got a bottle of the accelerator to try out. Patch out is amazing, I am 100% sold on it,

How I use it:

1 - Run a dry patch through the bore or run a nylon brush through the bore, some times both

2 - Change patch with patch loop sticking out of the muzzle. soak with patch out

3 - Pull through bore and remove

4 - Sometimes I will lather the patch out up with a couple passes of the nylon bruch (use the boretech ones, or any with an aluminum spine), sometimes I don't

5 - Let sit over night

6 - Run a couple dry patches through the bore until the come out clean (typically around 2-4)

7 - If you want to ensure your bore is hyper clean, run another patch with patch out through the bore and let sit for 30 - 60 minutes, then repeat #6. If you dont care (this is me) skip to step #8

8 - Run an oiled patch through the bore (I use the liquid frog lube for this).

I love this stuff. It is easy to use, and you dont have to ram the cleaning rod down your bore as much..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am useing it with the accelerator also. I just finished cleaning my Savage 12 .22-250 it took all of 5 or 6 days to get it to stop coveing the pacthes with carbon and I'm still getting some blue out of it. Do you guys get the patch to come out clean? Nice video Orkan.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I use wipe out foam after a lot of shooting, works great.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The foam has a tube that you can use with it that reduces the mess. I know a guy who puts a squirt of foam in his barrel at the range and plugs both ends with foam ear plugs before he bags his gun. Drives home and runs a couple patches and is done.

Reactions: GMinor

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the "wipe-out,patch out" combination all in one bottle. It works Ok. Probably not as strong as just the "wipe-out" or patch-out" singulary. However the bottle says it has "anti-corrossion additives" so you don't need to oil afterwards to prevent rust (I do anyway).lots of amonia smell, but Brushing with a plastic bristle brush after a wet patch will remove copper and carbon-may have to repete 2-3x . I don't know if I would let it sit wet in bbl overnight. Just my opinion. I have several bore snakes-some I made myself, so I can clean at the range if I need. I keep these separated so the ones with the wipeout/Patch out stays in it's own container, ones with Hoppes in another, and seperate clean/dry ones in another. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
2,249 Posts
Ammonia smell but no ammonia in the product.

What at you have is Wipe-Out brand "Patch-Out"

There are 3 products, wipe out, patch out and the accelerant. One is foaming, the other is liquid, the third is liquid also.

Let it sit overnight and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I too use the accelerator and patchout. When the patches come out clean, I load an old worn out bronze brush with a long patch over it and put some JB Bore cleaner on it and concentrate on the throat area with short 3 to 5 inch strokes around a dozen passes or so then run a bore cleaning dry patch or several through it followed by a single tight patch of Slip2000 EWL30 and put it away until next time I take it out to shoot.

Also if I have been doing a lot of shots, before leaving the gun range I usually run a Viper Bore Snake through twice and head home.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The foam has a tube that you can use with it that reduces the mess. I know a guy who puts a squirt of foam in his barrel at the range and plugs both ends with foam ear plugs before he bags his gun. Drives home and runs a couple patches and is done.

I also have tried the foam and just used a rod guide that has a plastic gizmo that guarantees a tight chamber fit or one with a rubber washer to prevent the foam from flowing back into the action area. Let it sit for awhile and push several dry patches through.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've used this product for about a year and love it. I never tried the accelerater. But after seeing the results in your video I'll be picking some up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts