Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Forum. Recently built a AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Shot is this weekend and it will not cycle. It bent one of the cartridges trying to eject.
The upper is a Veriforce Tactical that I bought complete w/BCG and charging handle.
LR-308 DPMS A2 buffer tube kit and DPMS LR-308 lower parts kit.
Timney drop in trigger
Lower is from 85% lowers that we milled out with their jig.
Question - Do we need to lube the bolt? If so, what type of lube and what points do we lube?

Gun looks awesome and I am really looking forward to getting it running properly.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the Forum. Recently built a AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Shot is this weekend and it will not cycle. It bent one of the cartridges trying to eject.
The upper is a Veriforce Tactical that I bought complete w/BCG and charging handle.
LR-308 DPMS A2 buffer tube kit and DPMS LR-308 lower parts kit.
Timney drop in trigger
Lower is from 85% lowers that we milled out with their jig.
Question - Do we need to lube the bolt? If so, what type of lube and what points do we lube?

Gun looks awesome and I am really looking forward to getting it running properly.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I went through the "same" experience when I built my AR10 6.5 Creedmoor. There are several factors that resulted in a successful solution and took me from a single shot to a semi-auto. A huge shout out to Jim and CTS Engineering who coached me through the "renovations" :LOL: You can do it yourself or probably send it to CTS Engineering and they'll get it dialed in. Good luck.

Think of it as a "recipe" where the ingredients are the size of the gas port on the barrel, amount of gas being delivered and managed (adjustable gas block; Superlative Arms rocks) through the length of gas delivery (CAM +2 or what?) to the BCG. Followed by the recoil management with the length of buffer tube (Carbine, A5 or Rifle), buffer spring and buffer weight. I changed the following and then ran it "wet"; meaning extra oil; Lucas Extreme or whatever flavor of your choice until it was cycling like a champ! Once you've got the right parts use the adjustable Gas Block and single shot until action stays open. Then tune from there. You're looking for consistant brass ejections at the 4 O'clock.

1. Slightly increased the port size on the barrel (Odinworks)​
2. Changed buffer tube to an A5 adjustable​
3. Changed buffer spring to a Tubbs CS flat wire​
4. Changed buffer to an Aktive Recoil Buffer​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I will look into this. 1st thing is to try and run it wet, though. It had no lubrication.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oiled it up and it runs fine now. thanks for the input. Now to add a scope, scope rail and bipod!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late to this post, but I have almost the same set up with a Vetiforce upper. I had the same issue you were talking about with cycling issues. I ended up sucking it up and buying the JP Technologies high pressure bolt carrier grp, as well as an adjustable gas block. After I got those installed I have had no issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts