Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it likely that an AR-10 20” barrel 1:10 in 6.5 creedmoor can be expected to be at least an MOA at 1000 yards? I have an AR-10 receiver and I’m not sure what upper I want to use for it to be used at 1000 yards. I can also go with a 308.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My AR10 in 308 Win has been gutted from stock condition with replacement of just about everything. My girlfriend shoots a 1/2 MOA with it. Two of the best upgrades were the CMC 2+3 drop-in trigger and the Black Hole Weaponry, tri-polygonal rifled, 24" barrel, 1-11 left handed twist, custom fluted by Marty at "Twisted Barrels" in Wyoming, New | Twisted Barrel Best load achieved is: Peterson brass, Federal GMM primer, 43.5 grains of Varget, 168gr Cutting Edge OTM projectile set to 2.800" magazine depth. Crimson Trace Series 5, 3-24×56 optic.
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Shotgun Wood
Trigger Automotive tire Machine gun Auto part Gun accessory

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My AR10 in 308 Win has been gutted from stock condition with replacement of just about everything. My girlfriend shoots a 1/2 MOA with it. Two of the best upgrades were the CMC 2+3 drop-in trigger and the Black Hole Weaponry, tri-polygonal rifled, 24" barrel, 1-11 left handed twist, custom fluted by Marty at "Twisted Barrels" in Wyoming, New | Twisted Barrel Best load achieved is: Peterson brass, Federal GMM primer, 43.5 grains of Varget, 168gr Cutting Edge OTM projectile set to 2.800" magazine depth. Crimson Trace Series 5, 3-24×56 optic. View attachment 29215 View attachment 29216
I can only go with a 20” barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
An AR-10 20” barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor usually comes in a 1:8 twist rate. You should be able to shoot sub MOA with this configuration assuming you have a barrel of reasonable quality. I assembled an AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmoor and used a Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel. It easily shoots sub MOA out to 600 yards (I haven't tried it at 1,000 yards yet), but I would assume it would perform well at 1,000 yards as well. If you assemble your own upper receiver, use an adjustable gas block to fine tune functionality.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An AR-10 20” barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor usually comes in a 1:8 twist rate. You should be able to shoot sub MOA with this configuration assuming you have a barrel of reasonable quality. I assembled an AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmoor and used a Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel. It easily shoots sub MOA out to 600 yards (I haven't tried it at 1,000 yards yet), but I would assume it would perform well at 1,000 yards as well. If you assemble your own upper receiver, use an adjustable gas block to fine tune functionality.
I just got the upper with a 20” barrel. It reached 1000 with no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts