Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my coming M4 (airsoft) i was wondering if, to mount a scope, i should get a riser, and low or medium rings, or just a pair of high rings...
much appreciated
Max

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
depends on the size of the scope...

aimpoint makes a set of rings that work real well for what your doing with it...
i mean... its only a toy... so i'd go with the cheapest piece of crap i could find.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
finding the rings and bases isnt a problem.. i only want to know how tall i should get them, or should i get a riser (that block thingy that fits on top of the rail...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Get your airsoft whatever ya wanna call it... shoulder it and aim... mesure the height from the rail to your eye sight level. Now... go to the local gun store or where ever ya buy stuff for the airsoft whatchama call it... and mesure the hight of the rings starting at the bottom and ending in the middle of the rings. Find an identical or as close to match and go with it...

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
you still didnt answer my question on what scope your using.... a leupold 3-9x40mm will need some medium high rings to be comfortable

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BC that would be a good thing.. but (always a but) #1 i dont have the gun yet, and 2, im geting everything online. however, i think ill go with what u said, and wait til the gun arrives.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Question: why do you want a scope for an airsoft? Those toys are so weak that there is no point in having a scope.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
true, but for short range target practice, its ok i guess... i have a scope already (cheap 3x9) and i figure i could put a scope on the removable carrying handle. irons are adjustable, and the gun (hopefully) would shoot over 100ft accurately (mabe more)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Is it a "Classic Army" or whatever Airsoft gun? We use those for training some times. There built as closly as possible to the real thing... even weigh and balance the same. There actually kinda cool... but lack the actual firepower and accuracy of a real rifle.

BC

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BC
ya thats basically what i got, just its not automatic (or semiautomatic for that matter)
the one i got was $200 cheaper, (not as many functions) and i got it mainly for plinking.

Spade to answer ur question, my scope has a 1 inch tube and a 32mm objective (cheap airgun scope)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Id go with medium high rings... because low rings will make you have to jam your cheek into the stock to see...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts