Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again:

AR15sales.com came highly recommended by Brother Kenny, my AR15 guru.

Through my own personal experience I can tell you that the head honcho of this company is an amazing guy. He offers the best customer service anywhere.

Pete has the finest Rock River Arms parts and if you are building an AR or in need of parts just call him. I am not associated with his company in anyway other than as a satisfied customer.

Check him out:

http://www.ar15sales.com

Mad

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
by chance is the owners name Pete?

Got a RRA bolt and LPK from them. Good prices (in line with everyone else) The only way to beat them is find it on sale somewhere. Good solid company!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
ar15.com is selling government marked lowers? Last time i checked... that is HIGHLY illegal...

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Steer clear of government marked AR-15 lowers... no matter how cheap they are. A regular old Bushmaster lower will work just as good...

BC

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Recoil said:
Is anyone contemplating buying a AR-15 lower in the next couple of months? Pete's got brand new government stamped stripped RRA lowers for about the best price around. I know I intend to buy at least two this summer, and if a bunch of you guys are in the market too, perhaps we could attempt a group buy...?
I am in for one (later in the summer). I have looked at them for quite a while. With the way the prices keep jumping on the lowers they will be quite pricey in a couple of years.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
He obviously does not know how military owned peices are retired... those "a million .45's" were retired and sold to surplus stores with the serial numbers being loged into data books as being surplus and sold to X store or storage house. "US Property" stamped AR-15 lower recievers are not made or stamped untill they are ordered... and i highly doubt a US DOD contract would reject lower recievers that are in perfect working order that they just ordered and then some one would sell them still marked "US Property" to civilians.

Besides the fact of having common sence... i worked at a Class 3 FFL store in california for several years and helped with the paper work for local LE personel. Try explaining to the police officer how you bought a US Government Property stamped M-16 lower reciever...

BC

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Is it possible that it is a similar situation to the 30 round mags that RRA sells that are marked LE Only? They released them for general sale once the ban expired. I don't know how some DOD ordering goes, but maybe they were originally designated for Government sales and they were registered as lowers that were usable for pre-ban configuration. Once the ban expired that enabled them to be sold to anyone.

Maybe they are also overflow from RRA DEA contract. There are other agencies besides the DOD that buy firearms I would assume, maybe they have different regulations as far as stamping receivers only once ordered. Wouldn't the DEA firearms have a Property of US Government stamp as well? This sounds like I'm trying to be a smart ass, but I don't actually know and am just throwing out some other possibilities

John

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
To be honest, i think im going to buy one and build an M4 out of it. Class 3 and all.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
Try explaining to the police officer how you bought a US Government Property stamped M-16 lower reciever...

BC
Your just asking for trouble... join the Military or LE if you want one that says "US Property" on it.

BC

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The RRA gov. marked lowers are legit. The same thing was going on at ar15.com a while back when the ban was lifted. The lowers are looked at just like the LEO 30rd mags that are being sold now. Even Colt sold the LEO marked M4s to civis for a while. You can have your lower engraved to say anything you want. I have seen some that have the markings of a full auto trigger pack, but only fire semi auto (just a cool factor for the user I guess) I do agree that it could couse some problems with a LEO that wants to be an ass. There are reg. class 3 M16s that are in civi hands that do have gov markings. How? - I do not know?? But they are there. The bottom line is your can have your lower, upper (anything) engraved to say anything you want (as long as the s/n is entact)..........the LEO may not like it, but it is legal.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
caver101 said:
There are reg. class 3 M16s that are in civi hands that do have gov markings. How? - I do not know??
The reciever was registered as a class 3 nfa machinegun reciever during the ban (Machinegun act of 1986) then... there were quite alot that are legal class 3 nfa machinegun lowers that were not in any way built to be such.

BC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts