Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
!

Threaded barrell on pistols....yes (A pistol with a threaded barrell is listed as an assualt weapon under California Law)

....on rifle it is legal unless you have a supressor on it or are in possestion of a suppressor. Many rifle barrells are already threaded for a flash hider.

Having a rifle with a threaded barrell and nothing legal on it like a muzzlebreak or a flash hider will make you look a bit conspicuous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Threaded barrels on pistols are illegal if they do not have a muzzle break attached. Flash supressors are also allowed on pistols that do not meet "assault weapon" characteristics. I have several 1911's with threaded barrels that are perfectly legal as long as they have the muzzle break attached. You take off the muzzle break and it becomes illegal... this is why you cant get a factory MK-21 pistol shiped to kalifornia.

BC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
Threaded barrels on pistols are illegal if they do not have a muzzle break attached. Flash supressors are also allowed on pistols that do not meet "assault weapon" characteristics. I have several 1911's with threaded barrels that are perfectly legal as long as they have the muzzle break attached. You take off the muzzle break and it becomes illegal... this is why you cant get a factory MK-21 pistol shiped to kalifornia.

BC
Your 1911's are still illegal whether they have something attached or not:

Generic Characteristics Defining Assault Weapons:
12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:
Pistols
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.


Most law enforcement do not pay too much attention to 1911's because so many competition shooter use all kinds of compensators....weights...flash hiders...ect. But you guns are still illegal under the law reguardless of what is attached at the time.

Just be cautious for there are a nice and mean cops out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
lol... they (1911 race guns) seem to be shiped and made quit legally in kalifornia.

BC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
lol... they (1911 race guns) seem to be shiped and made quit legally in kalifornia.

BC
There are always loop holes and competition loop holes in certain laws.....maybe they just exploit them nicely.

Still not worth the hassell some Barney Fife type officer might try to put you though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
I have one of those Bennelli .32 auto pistols that was originally on the "assault weapon" list but then removed since its an olympic pistol... i had several officers try to confiscate it. I have to carry a peice of paper from the DOJ clearing me to own a few of my firearms... its signed by the Director, DOJ, Firearms Division Randy Rossi. The DD lisence is a huge pain in the rear as well...

BC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
I have one of those Bennelli .32 auto pistols that was originally on the "assault weapon" list but then removed since its an olympic pistol... i had several officers try to confiscate it. I have to carry a peice of paper from the DOJ clearing me to own a few of my firearms... its signed by the Director, DOJ, Firearms Division Randy Rossi. The DD lisence is a huge pain in the rear as well...

BC
Yup, that is just the type of hassle I was reffering to ...unless you can cite the California DOJ code number for the laws for have them printed you will always have some police officers who try to get you in trouble.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top