Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I use to see alot of this ammo in Kosovo... it works fine for what it is (its designed for machineguns and G-3 rifles things of that sort).

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mele said:
I imagine typical NATO 147gr Boat Tail? Any word on if this ammo is any good?

MEL
Ive heard mixed reviews on it mel. I'll call them right now and see what its all about.

Ok...here we go.
Its 146 grain boat tail stuff, pretty basic. From what people are telling me its getting 1.5 MOA groups in sporter rifles. I also found out that they've gone to a flat rate for shipping.

If you dont want to pick it up its 260 bucks to the 48 states for 1600 rounds.
Mabye we could get sniper central to invest in 300 rounds for an eval mel? I dont own a 308 chambered rifle so i've got nothing to shoot out of.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
mele said:
I imagine typical NATO 147gr Boat Tail? Any word on if this ammo is any good?
MEL
Im 99% sure it is standard 147gr FMJBT... but i wouldnt expect it to be extreemly accurate or anything... we would use some of it sometimes for training instead of blowing it up... you can expect 2 MOA or so with a .25 to .5 MOA rifle. Like i said... its machinegun / G-3 / FAL ammo... not anything like M-118 or M-118LR. Somthin i do like about this ammo is its really cheap... as you can see.

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

I would assume it to be ammunition purchased for their FN FAL's, however shortly after the Falklands war they switched to a home made 5.56mm rifle.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I asked around and heard of the Argentine and Portuguese ammo getting 1.5 MOA groups from Norinco M14s

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mele said:
I'm always open to do ammo evals....
Can you buy smaller lots than 1600 rnds?

MEL
yeah.. smallest is 200 rounds for 70 bucks.

·
Registered
611 Posts
argentian ammo

Well for my 2cents worth the stuff I have marked CAVIM 80's issue will shoot about 1 to 1.5 moa have seen groups shot by a better shooter and rifle that were well under 1 moa at 200yds the ammo may shoot better havent tried it in my #1 rifle yet just my experience I dont hesitate to buy it whenevr I can usually 100 rds or so

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have some that is "South African"... not sure though

it doesnt get groups that are perfect but for practice it makes it easy... on the checkbook...

17 cents a round isnt bad for practicing with... and i have gotten .75 inches out of it...(3 rounds)

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
they sell a lot of South African in Canada

1 - 13 of 13 Posts