Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month there is a new article about sighting in and keeping your rifle on target, I have not read through the whole thing as of yet but from what I have read it sounds like a good read for all, from what I have read so far I am sure that the more experienced shooters already know what they are talking about and those just getting started will learn a few tricks.
Rusty

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Must have bought the wrong month...Mine is pretty much all about ARs

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOOPS !

I guess I should have been more clear about which issue I was talking about, (April 05) March was the one about tuneing up your ARs and the ARs in review, sorry about that.
Rusty

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
no prob, man

not your fault I can't get my hands on the newest book :)

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Finally got my hands on that mag and its a really good article. Mostly it deals with how the rifle has to be in a natural point of aim, and how you can't muscle it onto target, how you have to use bone support, etc. Also it talks about changes in cheek rest and grip, and how a sling torques your barrel and alters your shooting. Good stuff! I read most of that in the US Army sniping manual and before then I hadn't really known...Good things for the average shooter like me to read

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Average ?

Me thinks thou doust protest to loudly !LOL
I do not think that you are one of the Average shooters, you have alot of more practicle shooting in many different situations under your belt than many will ever get but the article does put the information in a very understandable format.
As for the G&A Mag. there have been more than once that I forgot that they put out there Subs. in advance of the off the shelf stuff, never has made much sense to me.
Rusty

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Gettin all Shakespearean on me, huh? LOL

Ah, okay, maybe I fudged a lil, but I ain't all that much more than average. I have all the guys on this board to keep me humble :oops:

You're right though, its great to see that kinda info put into "layman's terms"...At the very least it'll put more meat in some freezers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts