Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent election year AR frenzy, and the massive increase in stripped AR-15 lower sales, I've noticed quite a few questions or comments regarding how to assemble a stripped AR lower. There's quite a few stickies regarding AR's here, but none on how to actually assemble the common stripped lower. In the last week alone, I've answered several questions via PM's and in posts here, so I figured it's time to post a link to the best "how-to" on the net, and hopefully we can get this stickied.

http://forums.second-amendment.org/inde ... pic=1878.0

There's quite a few pics, so please be patient while it loads.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Sticky'd, I've done several from that write-up, it's never failed me yet. Well, except for him having the disconnector spring backwards in that one picture, but who's perfect anyway? :wink: :lol:

-matt

·
Registered
19 Posts
AR lower build

I thought this build was great. I do have a question. If I were to loose any of the springs :wink: can they be purchased alone?
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
AR lower build

I thought this build was great. I do have a question. If I were to loose any of the springs :wink: can they be purchased alone?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: AR lower build

Dangerousdan said:
Thanks
You bet! Check with anyone from Bravo Company, to Rock River Arms, to DPMS or CMMG, and they usually offer individual parts for the lower. Brownell's does too, I do believe,

Let me guess...a detent spring? :p

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Their both really good write ups so.

The few i built have oversized mag releases and i can not get the mag catch as tight as id like to so if i fully depress the mag release the catch will swing down. Is there anything i can do about this save putting a standard in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
nice post ogre

I've assembled a few of these now and the only part I've almost lost was the little metal ball bearings. Darn thing almost got lost in the darker colored carpet in the house. Like ogre said you can pick up any of the small parts individually if you need to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts