Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wello said:
Nah! we need SOME competition :lol:
LOL, Wello, :lol: , thank goodness, I'm very, very, relieved that you didn't take that bluff seriously. :wink:

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Aussies Vs yanks, man that just wouldnt be fair. To the yanks I mean. But an interesting proposistion. Perhaps. let us have our comp between us before us aussies decided who to vs next. We do have our national pride on the line!!! Even if we are considered a bunch of convicts and outlaws by the rest of the world.

By the Way - I hope i didnt just start challenging the yanks!!!! :lol: :D

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
:lol: :lol: Thanks wello, I could be getting a tad cocky. :D :D Ill behave myself now. Practice makes perfect though. Im just excited I guess.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Touche and good point aixelsid1002!!!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Its been blowing a gale over here out west. i hope to have some calmer weather soon. I've got some match ammo to try out and practice to be had.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
I say chaps... what rotten luck!

I'll not be able to enter this one. Blast, I say!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
I don't shoot better - I just shoot different .

There are plenty of shooters here that would wipe the floor with me in various disciplines!

:wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wello, did you just say you have a suppressor on your rifle?? Is there actually a way to obtain them legally here, or am I just not understanding what you meant?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I think that you have to be a professional shooter or be a primary producer or at least a nominee of one. Here in WA, the supressor laws are such that you can only get one if you are working on offical state sponsered culls or alike. But I have seen at least one of Wello's rifle with a suppressor on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice, sounds too fiddly for me to ever contemplate though. If only we had Kiwi laws :p

·
Registered
412 Posts
I pity you guys I only just learnt that you are not allowed suppressors over there. They are taken for granted here can buy cheap chiness ones gunsmiths all over the country make them many make centerfire ones also recently a hand full of entrepreneurial individuals have started selling them online they are making them up in their sheds like so.

http://www.sub-silentsuppressors.com/History of Sub-Silent Suppressors.html

We even can buy integrated silenced rifles like they were factory a Nz outfit MAE does the work Ive seen Tikkas Rugers and Savages offered at various times.

http://www.sportwaysgunshed.co.nz/viewcategory.php?category=Rimfire&subcategory=Savage

You poor buggers :(

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Man, you kiwis do like maikng us aussies jealous dont you. :evil: :evil: :!: :!: I have a threaded barrel on my CZ and I cant use it for what it is intended for!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
:)

first of all good to se some competition betwen difrents parts of the world :wink:

about national pride , well if this goes to europe one time ill stand tall an shoot for my litle country ( postal stamp sice vs you guys native places hehe ) once i get a 22 again that is ;)

cherring for both parts to do there bedst!! , an first price will be me imigrating to that part of the wolrd hehe ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I sent it off on Monday got it done two weeks earlier, I hummed and hared about sending it in or asking for more time but i figured my off hand shooting needed more than a weeks worth of practice also waiting for perfect conditions just on a suitable day just wasn't going to happen :cry:

It was enjoyable thou I hadn't tried past 100 with a .22 before and it was a good way to get familiar with my new rifle which preformed better than me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts