Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm back, What a time it was. We spent the past week at a small range south of Riverside working with some Aussie SAS snipers, they are an amazing group of guys, very knowledgeable. Our platoon lucked out and we picked up another battalions unused ammo plus our own so we had over a years allotment of matchgrade 7.62 to fire. We worked on a lot of urban tactics, ie hide building(an art), angle shooting, precision fire, target selection and lots and lots of observer/ shooter dialogue combined with various shooting games. The learning curve has gone through the roof but I love the challenge.
Now that I am back a 29 its time to start building my ghillie and aquiring my gear. I hope to take pictures of all the stages of construction and post them here for critique and DIY. As for gear, I am springing for my own plate carrier and LBV, the carriers are so much lighter and manueverable its ridiculous, and I need a sturdy vest to carry all my kit, I'm thinking SOE or maybe High Speed Gear. Its costly but its worth it. Well I'm off.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
great stuff! I'm glad the training was well received, and I'm glad you had plenty of ammo!!

Feel free to post your ghillie in the construction process and we'll do what we can to humble you... errrrr, I mean provide feedback :wink:

MEL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts