Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a new Remington LTR from a local law enforcement supply store on June 9th. The price was the best I had seen around these parts ($723). I paid cash in full the day of my order and still am without an LTR. I keep getting the story that there is a huge backlog on LTRs right now due to the Marine's purchasing them as Scout rifles. What do you guys think? I'm $800 short and less an LTR. Granted this place has been in business 30 years so I don't think they are a flim-flam but 1 month on a order is longer than I have ever waited for a firearm and longer than I had anticipated. I could have had a custom rig by now. Any info. appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Very odd... I just ordered an LTR yestereday from a distributor and they had them in stock. Supposedly shipped yesterday. I'll let you know when it shows up

MEL

·
Registered
140 Posts
hunt127588 said:
I keep getting the story that there is a huge backlog on LTRs right now due to the Marine's purchasing them as Scout rifles. What do you guys think?
The Marines have been fielding the LTR for quite a few years with specialized units so i doubt there has been any suddon influx of " oh my god we need to order 500 LTR's ". Ask them how much longer and if they give you another BS answer ask for your money back and buy else where.

The local gun store has 2 LTR's in stock ( just saw them today ) and they are priced for $825 for the non fluted .223 and around $900 for the fluted .308.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mel,
Did it ever show up? I was told this week that my order will ship no later than Aug. 16th unless the military places an order. Supposedly the vendor I purchased from had his entire order sent as a whole. He also told me that Remington is fixing to have a price hike and that all orders had to be out by the end of August.

mele said:
Very odd... I just ordered an LTR yestereday from a distributor and they had them in stock. Supposedly shipped yesterday. I'll let you know when it shows up

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
We're still getting them up here in Canada....If a foreign country gets them, then that's odd.

Almost at the same price as the one Hunt "bought"

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yep, it showed up no problems and I have in turn shipped out to the customer. No issues at all and I can get more....

MEL

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mel,
Thanks for the info. I just picked up my LTR today. It was quite a wait but all that ends well is well. I haven't even looked it over other than opening the box and peeking in. The price was reasonable ($723) but some local shop wanted $850 + tax!!! The guy I ordered from said Remington was going on a price hike so order now guys. I will check it out more tonight when I have some time. I'm looking forward in ordering some 20MOA badger rings/mounts and am looking at a Leupold MKIV 3.5-10x40 M1. Thanks for all the info.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Happy you got your rifle man!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts