Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am interested in the process of backpacking to a FFP and taking a shot at a undisclosed distance with a shooter spotter team. This being done by a 75-85 lb ruck with all the gear for a 3-4 day op and staging a location and sending out operations with a two to three man team being deployed and coming back for prep and planing. I was wondering if anyone has insight in to activity like this and recommended gear choices.

I am from northern New Mexico, bottom of the Rocky mountains so my aera of operations will be as such Hilly, wet, cold, rocky ect

I hardly ever hear this type of combo of topics being talked about i would be looking for some gear and moment recommendations

ranges are 25m to about an effective of 1600m

What I have been using
Sako m995 7mm stw w/Nightforce shv
Hornady eldx
Kelty falcon 4000
4-6 letters of water
80-90rds of stw ammo
sig sp2022- reason for it is, it is light
flares
9mm ammo
data book
9 days of rations
higine kit
repair kit - small wrenches things for that stuff
550 cord
d-tape
stiner rangefinder 10x50
leupould mk4 spoting scope
serpa dropleg holster
Russian gorka 4 pants
rustic ridge nylon tan long sleave
rustic ridge tan tactical pants
old gi knee pads
my partner will be running a variation of these with me

Ps inquiring for a new groop of young active long range shooters in the New Mexico area

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
That is what it sounded like. Just wanted to give the benefit of the doubt.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hm.

So basically combining GoRuck with PRS/ELR stuff?

I should point out to you that there are a LOT of people in general society--including a lot of people even here--that are kinda wary/touchy about people asking questions like you have.

-Nate

Reactions: u.bugme

·
Registered
394 Posts
This forum is pretty intolerant of the SHTF sniper scenarios as you might have noticed. These threads seem to generally end in a ban or OP completely abandoning the SHTF mindset. From my experience you'd probably be better off adapting to forum culture and not pushing SHTF whatnot. lol

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Want to compare round count? Resume's? We'll see just who's hiding behind his keyboard desperately trying to clackity clack his way to snipderdom and who's contributing something to shooting.
Greg. Relax.

The guy's brand new, and regardless of what you think of his questions, YOU trolled him. Neither one of you are right, but he IS a little justified in returning fire.

Do you have anything constructive to add here?

-Nate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Greg. Relax.

The guy's brand new, and regardless of what you think of his questions, YOU trolled him. Neither one of you are right, but he IS a little justified in returning fire.

-Nate
Thank you, natdscott i apologize for arguing and being vulgar. I apologize if my question was blunt and misdirected.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts

-Nate
Sure can!

My mr. sniperpants comment was tongue in cheek, and if that guy has any sense he'll realize how silly that whole approach is. This isn't hollywood and that guy is 100% anonymous. If he wants real advice about a serious topic, then he should ask questions seriously and present himself for vetting. Talking about "forward firing positions, undisclosed distances, shooter/spotter teams, area of operations, etc." I never talked like that even when I was in the military. lol He tried to be mr cool pants... and it backfired.

I had a paragraph typed... really ripping into that ridiculous post... but I deleted it and said what EVERYONE was thinking. If that means I get a sharp stick in the eye... well, I'm good with it. You would have liked the original response I had typed a lot less. ;)

So if that kid wants to disclose who he is and dispense with the Tom Berenger routine... maybe some help would be forthcoming.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sounds like the young ones want to go out camping with a couple of rifles. Shoot a target, cooking egg fries and have some laughter with beer. Not a bad plan.

Just make sure you watch out for the bears. They move quicker than you can draw. Believe me when I say this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sure can!

My mr. sniperpants comment was tongue in cheek, and if that guy has any sense he'll realize how silly that whole approach is. This isn't hollywood and that guy is 100% anonymous. If he wants real advice about a serious topic, then he should ask questions seriously and present himself for vetting. Talking about "forward firing positions, undisclosed distances, shooter/spotter teams, area of operations, etc." I never talked like that even when I was in the military. lol He tried to be mr cool pants... and it backfired.

I had a paragraph typed... really ripping into that ridiculous post... but I deleted it and said what EVERYONE was thinking. If that means I get a sharp stick in the eye... well, I'm good with it. You would have liked the original response I had typed a lot less. ;)

So if that kid wants to disclose who he is and dispense with the Tom Berenger routine... maybe some help would be forthcoming.
So, if i am so vague about who i am you can look in the about me section of my profile unless that was too hard.... however you are the one just saying that you shoot for a living and ect but have no credentials.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
So, if i am so vague about who i am you can look in the about me section of my profile unless that was too hard.... however you are the one just saying that you shoot for a living and ect but have no credentials.
SO you acusse a guy of being to lazy to look up your info, but yet don't even bother to Google Primal rights? You see that big ad in his signature? How hard is that to look him up?

I'm not sticking up for Orkan, lord knows he doesn't need my help with that. I'm just pointing out how stupid that statement you just made was.

Reactions: Orkan and natdscott

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bugme,

Just a tip from another new guy, this forum is an excellent resource and many contributors who frequent it are very helpful and knowledgeable, as in the guys you're arguing with. My advice is ask questions pertaining to target shooting and or hunting then listen to the experts not argue with them and you'll save lots of time and money in your pursuit.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
So, if i am so vague about who i am...
You were vague. Sure, all of us know how to look at your profile...but that shouldn't really matter. If NorCalFocus was to ask a question like your original post I wouldn't think twice about it, I know he's not looking to go sit on a random ridge and shoot up a local school 800 yds away...that comfort that I have comes from talking with him over the passed 3+ yrs...

You, on the other hand, are brand new...asking for advice on how to "act like a sniper" throws a lot of red flags...in fact, if people here wouldn't have already stone-walled your questions I would be inclined to forward your post and IP address to your local authorities (yes I can see what "local" is for you)...we know nothing about you, we have no idea what your intentions are, and we aren't going to simply assume it's innocent. You want a sniper team, join the Army and go to sniper school...you want to learn to target shoot for an upcoming match or to better hone your skills, ask away.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts