Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

bad news from iraq

6K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Aussie Pete 
#1 ·
Hello there......I'm sorry to say, but our company sniper, SPC Anderson, was Killed In Action on Friday, 13May05. He was killed by a vehicle borne improvised explosive device while riding in an up-armored humvee near our base about 20 miles north of Tikrit. He was one of my hunting buddies back at Ft. Stewart. Matter of fact, he completed one of his goals of killing every big game animal in North America by finally bagging an 8 point white tail buck with my rifle down in GA. We had the memorial service for him on our base yesterday (19May05). One if SPC Anderson's sergeants put together a very nice display on his computer with pictures and short video clips with some of SPC Anderson's favorite tunes playing in the background. He was an outstanding man that had every desire to excel, wanting to join Special Forces and become a sniper with the Best of the Best once he got back stateside.

May he Rest In Peace

#5 ·
I can't put it better than mel did....... I just thank god everyday that there are people such as him, who are willing to put their lives on the line so the rest of us can sleep peacefully at night. Thank you.

#7 ·
Him and his family are in our prayers. I know words are never enough. Take care.

#8 ·
My prayers are with him, and his family, thank you, and all our troops for being there and being ready to make that sacrifice for us. stay safe, and God Bless you all.

GREATER LOVE HAS NO MAN THAN THIS, THAT HE LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER.

#16 ·
god bless-- prayers to family and friends

dom

#17 ·
This is one Aussie that truly appreciates the sacrifices being made by our allies. It's a shame the people that are being liberated can't understand the idea of help and improved lives.

I try to avoid religious references so instead I wish his family the best is such a bad time. I sincerely hope protection affords everyone else here who is active.

Regards,
Pete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.