Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, if you havent checked the gallery, I have gotten in a few more of my parts for TMR. I have a question on the rings. They are Badger Ordanance 50 caliber rings.

My question is that on the lower half of the ring, there is a downstep on the inner diameter. Hopefully you can see what I mean on this picture. I want to know what it is for.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It looks like the top ring doesnt match the bottom one to me... maybe that is why they were so cheap on that site. :shock:

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, there is a step down, I think I am going to call Badger Ordanance if I have time, but who knows, by the time I am done typing, spade may have beat me to it. :p

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
It appears that the lower ring covers more than 180 degrees of the circle. My guess is that when the scope is in place there is a gap between the rings. By this I mean that they don't bolt down completely flush. So when the scope is in place the rings would actually form a perfect circle with gaps in the circumference on each of the sides where the rings bolt together. That make any sense at all?

John

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Either that or... or... he got 30mm lowers and 1" uppers. :shock:

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
JRP3 is correct, and that is the way MOST rings are. There is a gap between bottom and lower ring, so its by design

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
mele said:
JRP3 is correct, and that is the way MOST rings are. There is a gap between bottom and lower ring, so its by design

MEL
Thats very very good to hear... i bought 2 pairs from the same place APK bought his. Ive never noticed this on any other rings i have used... but then again i use 1 or 2 ring designs at the most. Leupold MK4 and Badger 50 cal... i never noticed this on my other pair of Badger .50's... but then again i did not install the optics or rings.

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx guys. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts