Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Ooh, I didn't realise how impressive .220 Swift was compared to 5.56mm.
How many rounds can a barrel take though?

That new one looks a bit over the top.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Wow...talk about pushing the limit.

Still, that's what its all about. Wildcatting is fun, you can claim a cartridge as your own, and sometimes the results are even worthwhile. I'm not sure how much longer that barrel is going to last, but it's doing good for the number of rounds through it. I say good for them, and it seems like it can even bring back game too.

Now, just tighten up that twist and slap a heavy bullet on there... :wink: I feel obliged to point out the the bullet used by that company is very similar to Barnes' TSX bullets, which I may have mentioned before *grin*, and as long as we're talking about fast .22s, I ran across two of the fastest ever:

#2: 22-250 Ackley Improved; 30 gr. Berger MEF @ 5,130 fps.
#1: 22-243 Middlestead: 30 gr. Berger MEF @ 5,278 fps.

Not bad considering the theoretical velocity ceiling is supposedly about 5,700 fps. Of course these use the lighter 30 grain bullets, put one of those on the 22x64 from that article, and it might do better. As always, I love hearing about new rounds, keep it up! :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I very much like ur line of thought Bead Drawer :D

Imagine what u can do with an 80 grain 5.56 stream lined long bullet out of a 22-243 middlestead cartridge going at a muzzle velocity of 3200 fps :twisted:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts