Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is for all the pros out there. I have heard people talk about barrel harmonics and such, but being so new to this field i have no real knowledge on this topic. Looking for some info as to if this is something I need to worry about, look into etc. Just curious and thx ahead of time if anyone can help.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I could probably talk yer ear off for over an hour on the subject, OR, I could copy and paste from google.com! :lol:

http://rifle-accuracy.com/harmonics.htm

As long as you don't attach something to your barrel, generally, your fine. However, I do use a mirage shield which is nothing more than a thin piece of cloth or flexible plastic that rests on top with elastic strings to keep it from falling off. I got mine from a benchrest competitor because he bought a newer one- that said, I would like to thing the impact on barrel harmonics (for this anyway) is more than miniscule.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Unless your barrel is already clamped (Walther WA 2000 has a clamped barrel on both ends), you will not want heavier objects (Anything more solid than cloth, basically) to touch your barrel. If you do wrap your barrel, ensure that you do not wrap tight enough to cause the stock and the barrel to meld.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts