Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a stock pss, with some custom work done to it. basically a badger enlarged bolt knob and a light trigger pull, and am soon thinking of taking the plunge and getting another barrel and the action trued. im still debating whether its easier to just send my gun to someone get it made into what i want or just by one built from scratch. I have been eyeing up the Hs precision barrels and was wondering if they can work on a 700 action with out much modification. i know the USMC uses them on there 700 actions. As for the truing of the action, is this something say a local gun shop can do or is this something i would have to send out to say GA precision or HD rifles? Also Mele, can you use fluted barrels for your SC series guns?

Basically I would like to use the action i have now because i already have the bolt modification done, and i want to tighten everything up with a better barrel, and will probably go with a mcmillian m40a1 style stock or mcmillian a3 style stock. Another question... say i got the action trued and a barrel installed, would this just bolt right back up to my stock PSS stock with the aluminum bed blocks? or should just put the new stock on when the new barrel would be installed?

i know talking about this stuff is what most of us guys on here live for, so lets hear it! thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Any of the barrel makers out there will thread their barrels to a remington action. The barrels do need to be installed by a gun smith though to insure proper head spacing. The action iis trued up with the barrel off, so it can save some money to do it the same time you put the barrel on, and yes, your local gunsmith should be able to do some of the accurizing on the action.

In terms of your HS Stock, if you go with a barrel that is the same contour (or close) as your current 700P, then the stock will bolt back up. If the barrel is a thicker contour, you'll need to open the channel.

Yes, I can do flutes on the SC rifles, I generally do not like to though. It is an extra cost if you want them

MEL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts