Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas - I’m new to the forum and really wanting to work on my long range shooting this year.

My LGS got a Barrett MRAD with a fixed stock however it does have the multi caliber system. I have only seen the folding stocks in the MRAD and the SMR with the fixed stock, however this seems to be a hybrid.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge on these rifles? Reviews say they are great.

Thank you in advance,
Sammie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey fellas - I’m new to the forum and really wanting to work on my long range shooting this year.

My LGS got a Barrett MRAD with a fixed stock however it does have the multi caliber system. I have only seen the folding stocks in the MRAD and the SMR with the fixed stock, however this seems to be a hybrid.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge on these rifles? Reviews say they are great.

Thank you in advance,
Sammie

Yes I've had one in a .308 for several years. It's a very well built./ designed rifle IMO.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you are spending serious coin for a rifle like that, I would suggest you look into a AI (Accuracy International)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you are spending serious coin for a rifle like that, I would suggest you look into a AI (Accuracy International)
So I actually found a friend of a friend, Alan Yoast and he has an AI AT. I worked out a deal with him since I’m cut off from buying in 2021 - I’m picking up the AI tomorrow morning and swapping him for the Barrett SMR (plus a little $$). I also ordered the MRAD (true MRAD, not SMR) which should hopefully be here tomorrow! Expect a long report on both!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
6.5 CM and he has a 308 barrel I’m getting since the AI is interchangeable too.

I got those calibers and a 300 Norma for my desert tech. I’m amazed at how well the gun retains zero between the 6.5CM and the 308. Same bolt and mag for both. One or two clicks and you’re there. Haven’t shot the 300 NM in a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’m very excited to put them side by side with each other. The MRAD is 338 and I’m ordering a 300 win mag. I really can’t wait for the 6.5 & 308 comparison!

What are y’all’s general thoughts on Khales and US Optics? I know to each his own but just curious since I’ve had very little glass time behind those two brands and a lot on vortex & NF

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
well if you’re spending that kind of money on a weapon system I’d take a long hard look at Tangent Theta. I have one on my DT. Glass is excellent. I have a Vortex Gen II Razor on my REM 700 in 6.5CM. The Razor is good but it’s not a TT. I think both are great units at their points. The Razor is a bit heavy, but it has performed well for me. I would pit the TT glass against any rifle scope maker. The came out with a full tree reticle a short while ago that looks like the EBR vortex series.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well if you’re spending that kind of money on a weapon system I’d take a long hard look at Tangent Theta. I have one on my DT. Glass is excellent. I have a Vortex Gen II Razor on my REM 700 in 6.5CM. The Razor is good but it’s not a TT. I think both are great units at their points. The Razor is a bit heavy, but it has performed well for me. I would pit the TT glass against any rifle scope maker. The came out with a full tree reticle a short while ago that looks like the EBR vortex series.
That’s great to know, I will check them out. Just to clarify, I’m doing some buying and a lot of trading :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’m very excited to put them side by side with each other. The MRAD is 338 and I’m ordering a 300 win mag. I really can’t wait for the 6.5 & 308 comparison!

What are y’all’s general thoughts on Khales and US Optics? I know to each his own but just curious since I’ve had very little glass time behind those two brands and a lot on vortex & NF

Love my Kahles scopes. Definitely a step above Vortex ( I like Vortex, and I have a couple of Gen 2 Razors). I am Not a fan of US Optics.
Tangent Theta is a scope I have not played with, but they are in that Alpha Class optic.
Also check out Zero Compromise.
It is not a matter of IF, I will own one, just a matter of when. I know the owners-Great folks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts