Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from the Theatre in Ottawa...If there are any other Batman fans here, check this movie out. For the first time, it's actually a movie about the comics, one in which Batman is finally well portrayed.

Not with nipples on his costume, or with penguins that have missles on their backs, or any of that stuff.

Pretty dark, moody, and some parts might be a little much for younger children, but a great movie all the same. VERY much worth seeing.

Okay, my comic geekiness goes and hides again now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes I saw the movie is was great. But to say the first two movies were not good is totally inaccurate. The first two movies were more like the comic books then the latest one. I will not mention the previous two they bring tears to me eyes.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool stuff, Drew!

Yeah, the last two were more accurate with the story line, I just found that Clooney made a bad batman...he asked in an interview "Why would such a rich man be so broody?" Kinda shows he doesn't understand the character...oh, and Robin shouldn't be in the movies lol :lol:

I agree...At least the first times I saw the first two, I was just a kid, so I didn't really care...I was 8 when the first one came out, so...lol not the harshest critic then, just seeing Batman on the big screen was a hoot. Watching them now though....ugh.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The two crappy ones weren't done by Tim Burton which was a huge mistake in my opinion. I don't recall the people that did the next two but they were horrible. The whole city was pink, purple, red, yellow. Did they read a single comic or WHAT.....Hello Gotham is a dark city that never sees sunlight. Oh ya Robin....no need to say more.

Batman Begins was great though I like the way Christopher Nolan has taken the franchise. Christian Bale did a awesome job as both characters, one thing I liked a lot is how he changed his voice just a little bit when playing Batman. To me he didn't need to because wearing the Bat suit disguises you anyways but it just made the movie that more realistic.

My brother worked on "Batman Returns" thought you might want to check this out.

Oh Ya I sleep with my SC under my pillow so don't even think about it!! :D

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Okay, my comic geekiness goes and hides again now.
Jeez, you are a geek. I am glad I'm not a geek. Well got to go. I am watching all the starwars shows back to back before I go see the new one again. BTW anyone know where I can get some vulcan ears? I lost mine and our local monthly meeting is next week. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eka: :lol: How about the uniform, do you have one of those? If so I think I have a picture of your last meeting.

Drew, the corny, carnival looking Batman movies with the retarded colours were courtesy of Joel Schumacher, who is flamboyantly...happy. He was also responsible for putting nipples on the suit.

When Christian Bale does the Batman voice though, doesn't he sound kinda like Batman in the Justice League and other cartoons? That was pretty cool. He had an...intensity I guess, thar Clooney or Kilmer never did. Keaton was good...I gotta give the first movie more credit than I do since it was the 80's after all. Heh, only if Batman took care of the Joker, who he knew to have killed his parents, he might quit being Batman.

Hmm...Tempting, Drew...I don't want any .308 rounds in me but tempting nonetheless

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Excellent news!!! I have been looking forward to this movie for a long time! (as well as ep3, but no, I'm no geek :shock: )

I wanted to see batman yesterday, but alas, I'm heading down to my parents house in CA this weekend, so I held off. My dad and I (probably my oldest brother also) will probably see it saturday, if its not sold out.

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Technically it would still leave a .308 hole :p

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
7.62= .308 cal 8) muahaha

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Drew said:
You are wrong again my old friend it would leave a .30-06 hole :p
Not the exit wound, trust me on this.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah, yes...About 2 1/2 inches, with a couple broken ribs and a bruise of about 8 inch diameter around it.

Unless of course you are shooting at Batman. In that case the exit wound is in the wall you are thrown through :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, Amanda Warren, who ran the Suicide Squad, knew his identity, but thats different.

It is kinda too bad he told Katie Holmes, but compared to the other movies it was a lot better handled. Beats Keaton actually taking his crush into the batcave out of costume, no? Being a hollywood movie, it kinda had to happen, but I think they handled it pretty well.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Comic relief had to come from somewhere lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts