Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatever happened to this scope? Is it now defunct? Saw a review of it on snipercountry. 140 moa of adjustment! :shock:

what's the story with bausch and lomb anyhow? I know they became Bushnell but what gives with their scope line?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
When Bushnell bought B&L, they kept everything the same. And then they had to change the name of the B&L line, so everything became Bushnell. The Bushnell 3200 and 4200 series of scopes are in fact B&L scopes. (the rest of their series all the old Bushnell lines and should be avoided). The B&L tactical is no longer produced, replaced by the Bushnell 10x tactical, which borrows some pieces, but is NOT the same scope.

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I have the 3200 Elite 10x40 mil dot and the 4200 Elite 4-16x40, both of em are pretty sweet scopes, for what you pay.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The B&L's were a high dollar tactical scope. Right up around the $900-$1100 mark if memory serves me

MEL

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turns out the B&L scopes also had a problem with the parallax adjustment. It'd turn the entire occular piece when it was adjusted. From what I'm hearing that's where the Super Sniper scopes comes from. It's basicaly the B&L tactical scope with a few upgrades.

·
Registered
161 Posts
B&L Tactical

I have 1 on the original B&L 10X tactical scopes. It is my favorite scope bars none. It has 44mm obj. 30mm main tube, mil-dot and the optics in that scope are out of this world. I still rememeber the day the Bushnell rep here in Canada told me that was discontinued, I almost cried. I asked him why, he told me there was not enough demand to keep it in production, which confused not only me, but him as well, becasue B&L could not keep it instock. It sounded to me like it was a political thing, they wanted to eliminate the word Tactical, but then when they actually saw how many people still wanted one, they introduced the current 3200 Tactical, which is a very good quality scope, but as MEL pointed out, nothing like the original. I hear throught the rumor mill that Bushnell is in the process of building the Tactical to the original specs. once again, but those are just rumors. I am very good friends with the Bushnell rep. here in Canada and he keeps me updated on what is happening, if I hear anything I will certainly post it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think a B&L 10x Tactical is what im going to jump on if I can find one. How rugged is yours, would you say? I mean does it have that "use-as-a-hammer" type quality that US Optics, Nightforce, and Leupold M4 scopes have?

·
Registered
161 Posts
The B&L Tactical was as tough as they came. Although I would not hammer tent pegs into the gound as John Unertl did when he first demonstrated the 10X scope the USMC and the Canadian snipers still use. It is a super scope, with top of theline optics, I will never get rid of it. I almost had a 2nd. one, but that guys backed out once I got to his house to pay him, that was a wates of a 4.5 hour drive, man was I pissed. If I hear of anymore, I will send you a PM. I see one every once in a while.

Mel,

My pleasure, I certainly will.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
another question, is it possible to fix the occular problem on the scope? Where the entire occular bell turns when the parallax is adjusted?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bookmarked that. as soon as I get my ak kit done I'll begin saving for the scope. =]

still want to know whether or not I can fix that occular bell turning problem..

also does anyone know if the scope can take sunshades?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I now have the money for that scope, got home and someone already bought it. God I am PISSED!!! Anyone know of any other mint ones for sale?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nevermind found another one. NIB for $600 shipped. I got lucky what can I say. this thing is going to rock on my rifle. 140moa of adjustment plus rear parallax so, since I'm left handed, there'll be no knob on the left side of the scope so it's a clear path to easy loading/reloading ammo in a hurry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts