Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have turned to ya'll for some help with my weapon. Let me start by telling you what I have or maybe a pic would be better

Savage Tactical .308 110FP Heavy barrel

Ultimate varmint stock

Harris bipod

Simmons Aetec 3.8x12x44 w/sunshade and Butler creek caps

Unknown bases and rings.

I bought this weapon just 2 days agos. Along with the sale the shop gave me 2 boxes of Alabama 168gr match ammo.
I got out to do a little shooting with my new toy and was very pleased with the shot groups( sub MOA about 2 1/4 inch high @ 100yds).
Well after about 25 rounds my shot groups went all to hell after checking everything out I found that my scope had moved forward in the rings about 1/8inch :shock: and :evil: I checked the screws and they are tight (23inpnds). I have been told by others that the rings are highly suspect for this app. What are you opinions

Thank you for any help you can give me

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unknown bases and rings.
That it. Have them replaced with something better and see, with bad rings even .22 recoil causes scope shifting sometimes (seen it myself on .22 Bi7-2 with alloy mounts).

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Well, that sounds like quite a significant shift for your scope on those rings. Unknown base and rings you said?? Well...you could try and replace them, because if they are tight and the scope still shifts, its time the throw those rings into the round file. Look around for rings and bases and see what would work best for you. You dont need anything super expensive, but get something better then you have.

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

·
Registered
140 Posts
Replace the rings and it should be fine. If the problem continues replace the base / bases.

The Rifleman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts