Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to post this because I highly doubt I am the only one that is un-satisified with the trigger pull on the stock Beretta 92. In order to lighten this trigger pull up some, get yourself a 1911 mainspring. Take out the old existing mainspring and replace it with a 1911. Depending on how light you want it, you can get either a standard or competion. Its not going to give you a glassy 3lb pull, but will make the double action, and especially the single much easier to manipulate. Main spring is housed in the lanyard hold on the bottom of the pistol grip, punch out the pin holding it in but HOLD down the button or the spring will launch the thing like a missile. Then replace the spring and reverse the process. VERY simple to do. :D 8)

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Great info. Does the spring come out either way or only one way?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the spring only comes out one way boss. There is a pin in the bottom near the lanyard hole, punch it out but take care, once it is completely out, if you dont have something pressed against it it will ejcet out pretty fast. And then drop in the 1911 spring but there is a long looking piece of metal it must be put on top of, dont let the spring just flow around or you will get no tention. Make sure the spring is surrounding that piece of metal, and then reverse the whole process. You should then be good to go! It did manage to shrink my 15-7 yard groups half an inch, so it helps ! :D 8)

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts