Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Bergara HRM Pro in 300 PRC and I found potentially a fatal flaw in this rifle that is really bothering me. If I shoot this rifle single load (no mag inserted) she hits true (point of aim point of impact). If I insert the empty magazine she is off by about an inch and a half at 100 yards. With a fully loaded magazine inserted she is off about 5 inches at 100 yards. Kinda defeats the point of having a magazine fed bolt action with that level of discrepancy. Anyone encounter this problem and or fix it?
This pic is from 100 yards using 225 gr Hornady Match with no magazine inserted was hitting point of aim, with empty mag was off by an inch and a half.
Handwriting Gesture Insect Rectangle Font

This pic is from 100 yards using 225 gr Hornady Match with full loaded magazine(5 rounds) inserted. Shot labeled 1 is no mag inserted (hit point of aim), shot 2 (in the head) fully loaded mag (5 rounds) point of aim was black dot, impact was 5 inches to 11 o'clock, shot 3 (left dot) 4 rounds in mag, point of aim was black dot, impact was 3.5 inches 10 o'clock.
Nose Art Gesture Style Toy

All shots were tested multiple times with constantly hitting off with predictability.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Have you torqued the stock screws?

Reactions: walter crouse

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a Bergara HRM Pro in 300 PRC and I found potentially a fatal flaw in this rifle that is really bothering me. If I shoot this rifle single load (no mag inserted) she hits true (point of aim point of impact). If I insert the empty magazine she is off by about an inch and a half at 100 yards. With a fully loaded magazine inserted she is off about 5 inches at 100 yards. Kinda defeats the point of having a magazine fed bolt action with that level of discrepancy. Anyone encounter this problem and or fix it?
This pic is from 100 yards using 225 gr Hornady Match with no magazine inserted was hitting point of aim, with empty mag was off by an inch and a half.
View attachment 29208

This pic is from 100 yards using 225 gr Hornady Match with full loaded magazine(5 rounds) inserted. Shot labeled 1 is no mag inserted (hit point of aim), shot 2 (in the head) fully loaded mag (5 rounds) point of aim was black dot, impact was 5 inches to 11 o'clock, shot 3 (left dot) 4 rounds in mag, point of aim was black dot, impact was 3.5 inches 10 o'clock.
View attachment 29209

All shots were tested multiple times with constantly hitting off with predictability.
I have a Bergara in 300PRC and have not experienced that problem. I would try chambering a round from a full mag, drop the mag and rack the unfired round out and see if there are visible marks on the bullet from something catching on it during the feeding process. Also try firing a hand inserted round but with a full mag inserted after hand loading the chamber.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems to me something is shifting when the gun is fired. In my experience, when someone is having an accuracy issue to this extent, something is loose (scope, stock, barrel). Be sure to check all of this. My R700 SPS Tactical has an MDT LSS GEN2 chassis that is mag fed. There is no difference between signal shot or mag fed. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts