Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new G34 is going along quite nicely. One thing that irks me a bit though is none of the gun shops around here carry a cleaning kit thats any good. So, does anyone know of a top-flight cleaning kit for a 9mm pistol? I use Break Free CLP exclusively, so I don't need solvents or oils, just good tools. While we're on the topic, can anyone recommend a top quality set of gunsmithing screwdrivers?

P.S. Please do not use Wal Mart "gunsmithing screwdrivers" they are improperly heat treated (I think) and the tips deform easily.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I have started using the otis cable that you just pull through the bbl. That along with some brushes Q-tips etc are fine. You can make one if you are really cheap, or cant find it by using weed eater line. Sharpin one end, then melt the other end and mash it so it is bigger. Punch the sharp end through a patch and slide it all the way down untill it stops, then run it through.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Brownells is your friend. Get their catalogue.

And contained therein are cleaning supplies by many fine manufacturers including Dewey.

You might want to try Hoppes Elite cleaner which is also available from Brownells. Another great product is Wipe Out.

Mad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts