Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, lets see your best groups. Be sure to note caliber, range, etc.

- and just to cover it in advance, if you have a .00001 group @ 800yds w/ an SVD, I don't want to hear about it, you should be fighting crime.

I think everyone has seen this one, but I haven't gotten to shoot my rifles in a LONG time. So here it is again.

Shot out of my 700 5R
- .308 168 gr. HPBT
- 100yds.

cold shot in black, 3 consecutive down and right.

I INVERTED IT TO MAKE IT INTERESTING!!!
:shock:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
5 shots, 100 yards off a rest. .308 on 19 March 1997, .196 inches center to center.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on.............. you guys are slackers!!!!!! lets see em!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ekaphoto said:
5 shots, 100 yards off a rest. .308 on 19 March 1997, .196 inches center to center.

details man........details! What type of rifle???? Come on.......don't leave us on the edge!!!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Remington 700 varmint with wood stock. Only mod was trigger job. Sierra 165 gr match with moly coating. Varget powder. Can't remember the amount. Remington cases, Federal match primers.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You can't remember the powder charge?

That's an absolute sin! A group like that should have had all the details recorded.

Mad

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
madgunsmith said:
You can't remember the powder charge?

That's an absolute sin! A group like that should have had all the details recorded.

Mad
Yea, I know. It is written down somewhere, but it was my buddies rifle he loand me for the match. Mine was out of commission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only my second time out with this rig and shooting 175gr GMM. I shot these 6 rounds today at 1215 hr off a bipod. I didn't use a rear bag because the only one I had was too low because my normal range is slightly uphill. I haven't measured it yet, but it looks like about a .5. I can't wait to start reloading and seeing groups like those above.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/ ... 88cda7.jpg

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Badger said:
Only my second time out with this rig and shooting 175gr GMM. I shot these 6 rounds today at 1215 hr off a bipod. I didn't use a rear bag because the only one I had was too low because my normal range is slightly uphill. I haven't measured it yet, but it looks like about a .5. I can't wait to start reloading and seeing groups like those above.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/ ... 88cda7.jpg
Exellant target. I bet that is less than .5 Measure the largest part of the hole, then subtract the bullet diameter, in this case .308. You may surprise yourself.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
group measurements

what is the normal way everyone uses to measure their group size? something about the largest part, then subtract the diameter?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
outside edge to outside edge at the largets part of the group, minus the diameter.

JeffVN

·
Registered
4 Posts
outside dark to outside dark marks was 14/16...group is .567 This is as good as I can guess with the cruddy ruler. Also the boxes are 1"

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
ekaphoto said:
That's an interesting glare on your target paper, lol. What kind of paper is that?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
ok. Here is one that I shot last summer in Houston, Texas while doing 175 SMK load development for my Patriot M40A1 clone - range 300 yards. The called flier to the right is embarassing, but the rest of the group is pretty sweet. For me anyway.

My guy Jered gave me a ration of **** for my shitty trigger work (notice the shooter induced horizontal stringing). :shock:

The same day I shot this group, Badshot used my Patriot and shot a 3-shot cloverleaf group that we covered with a dime from 429 yards. No- BS 429 yards (verified with my laser) and covered the group with a dime - Topo Sniper and I witnessed that incredible feat. I posted that picture a while back in the gallery section.

JeffVN

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Different 175 SMK load same summer. This is a 7 shot group using the same Patriot Arms M40A1 clone. The dot is 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Shot at 100 yards using bipod and sand sock.

The low-left flier was called and the last shot put downrange on this group. If I could only get the clown behind the trigger to shoot as well as the rifle does.........

JeffVN

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:shock:

Nice job!!!!

btw- what is a called flyer and how does that work? I have heard that alot.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ever pull the trigger and go, damn... i ****** that one up didnt i?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Jeff,

We need to get together again so I can feel good about my shooting and shoot that automatic hole punch. I still havent finished working on those loads in my RUM. It's getting too hot now. When you going back to the range? I still have those pictures of that 3 shot group if you want them.

B

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
B

Send the image to me by email and I'll try to get it posted again. That was teh sweetest 3 shot group I've ever seen at that range.

As far as getting to the range, right now my range time is limited to teh weekends (early to beat the heat), but I can always squeeze in time for an hour or so on the pistol range. Strange thing is, I can't seem to be able to limit my rifle time to anything less than at least 2 or 3 hours.

Besides your rifle of choice is currently in Georgia being set back my Jered. I still need to finish my 142 Sierra SMK load development on the 6.5x284 (although that is going to be hard with this damn heat).

JeffVN

1 - 20 of 148 Posts