Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
A lot of Remington bashing going on here. As for 2000yds, that is a push for any 308 sized cartridges. A 300WM is definitely not one. I doubt that even with a faster twist and heavy bullets the case has enough capacity to achieve a suitable velocity. Now if all your shooting is at 6000ft elevation it might be doable. At 1000 ft with a 240SMK at 3000ft/sec MV you’re looking at foughly 150ft of drop and 300inches of windage with a 10mph crosswind. The only cartridge that approaches this in 30 caliber is the 30-378 Weatherby Magnum.

You are getting into the 338 Lapua theater or other cartridges designed for that purpose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look at the tangent theta or a Hendsolt. I can’t remember the model number but it was pricey and had a 36mm tube in 3.5x26
The S&B 5x45 is also another great scope And then there is the IOR Valdada.

Not many 30 caliber will make an accurate and repeatable 2k yd shot.
Maybe a well prepped 300 RUM or 300 Norma, maybe the new 300 PRC.
338 is a better choice imho for that distance.
A DT HTI in .375 or .408 ct will hit that all day long But it’s $11 per bang. The 50 is slightly Cheaper to shoot.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I looked thru the LD Scope that Vortex has called Golden Eagle. It wasn't that expensive. I think the reticles have improved since I looked thru his but you might want the check if anyone has any practical experience with it at distance. I didnt like it because it was an MOA reticle but if you are a MOA guy, it won't matter. I'm used Mil trees..

I have a TT on my 300 Norma Mag. I wish I had waited for the last iteration of the the tree reticle as my TT has breaks in the tree. Just haven't been able to get past 1K yds due to facility limits,

21 - 24 of 24 Posts