Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
For under $500 I would look at some of the Vortex line, Bushnell tactical 5-15x, and Leupold Mark AR MOD (this scope can be use on any caliber not just 556/223).

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi every one.I'm a new member here and I just bought my brothers Remington 700.It came with a Millett 6-25X56mm LRS-1 Long Range Tactical Riflescope w/ Illuminated Reticle.When my brother purchaced it it was $%88 on sale,but right now optics planet has it for $479.49.Millett LRS-1 6-25x56 Tactical Scope BK81006 w/ Illuminated Reticle - Free S&H
Now I have fired this gun using matchgrade Hornaday .308 at my range and at 300 yards this thing is dead on the money.I can't say I have put my weapon throufg the tactical ringer as of yet,but if you are on a budget as a lot of us are I think this scope is a very good option.I hope this helped you out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up a Vortex viper 6.5-20x56 from SWFA for under 500.00.
A good scope for the money with a 30 mm tube.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This one has 65 MOA in it and with a 20 MOA rail will get you to 1k in a 308

·
Registered
21 Posts
Excaliber, I had Homeland Security come here to my house about a month ago. No black SUV's unless their carry many agents. The one that came here was just driving a Ford Taurus. 2013 model.....lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just watched a series of videos up on U-Tube. One scope they kept talking about being an outstanding tactical scope for under $300 or even within the $500 range was the SWFA MRADS 10X. The author didn't change his opinion until he got to the $1,000 range. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
740 Posts
For ~$225 and its a good scope...go with the Bushnell Elite fixed power 10x40. Got a few of them myself and have been surprisingly happy with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is a professional review site on the rifle scope, this site describes many types of rifle scopes you can take a look. UTG 30mm SWAT 3-12X44 Compact IE Scope, this is top1 seller on Amazon, it is very nice!

·
Banned
2,249 Posts
^ seriously?

anyways. For a legit scope look no further than the PFI Evolution line. Same glass (exact same) as Leupold VX-3, awesome reticle.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The UTG scopes are made for airsoft rifles.

Sully

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently purchased a SWFA SS 16x42 fixed power. Beautiful clarity and holds zero perfectly. Tracking also works perfectly. For 314.00 shipped to my door I couldn't ask for more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking for a scope for my new Remington 700 SPS Varmint 308, my budget is very limited, I really cant afford it,
but lets say $500.00 or less.

here is some info on what I am doing/looking for

Remington 700 SPS Vamint
308 caliber
long range hunting coyotes/deer usually 300-800 yards away across open fields with the occasional close 200 yard shot.
maximum range would be a 1000 yards just to see what happened.
most shots will be made sitting or prone with a rest, ambush style.
I plan on a better stock with cheek rest down the road, bed and float it, etc.
I would love an adjustable power, but that may not be in the budget.
I really dont think more than 12 power would be needed.

I had a Wonder optics 2-12 power recently and it was a fine scope, but I regrettably traded the gun for a boat motor.
input, comments, snide remarks? thanks in advance.
Hi, TCups why you didn't use coupons for these products? If you don't know about Coupons and Discount Codes, here I am posting the top brand where you can get all armory stuff at low prices through Natchez Promotional Codes

21 - 33 of 33 Posts