Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, what do you think is the best Bipod to use? The harris, or the versa-pod? Pros-cons?

I belive mele was thinking of writing a summary of some sorts. Or have I just not found it?

·
Registered
565 Posts
If price is no objection, a real Parker Hale. That or AI. Same thing, different name.

Importing it from England will set you back roughly 2000NOK. But I think it's worth it. Versapod feels like a toy to me and I simply don't think the Harris would suit my "needs" on a sniper rifle.

I'll probably buy a Harris for my DMR clone, though...

ed:

Ok, pros and cons.

PH pros, it's as sturdy as they come and it's a very sound design (apart from the spigot). I've heard rumours about the legs falling out - bollocks, I say. They wont fall out unless you do something stupid to the springs.

Cons, it is the second most expensive bipod behind the Sako TRG bipod. It is a tad heavy..but that's not really a problem as you're not likely too do a lot of shooting without it as support when you're carrying it in the first place. And, mounting it to the AICS chassis took a bit more thinking than I firs thought.. It's all sorted out now, though. But, the spigot and the hole in the AICS should've been square. Round pipes in round holes don't exactly stay still when you've got the entire weight of the rifle on top of it :roll:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I vote HARRIS. Very sturdy, not terribly expensive and I can't think of a con.

EDIT: WOW DO I FEEL STUPID.... :(

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Burris makes bipods? Or was that a typo on an intended Harris?

The harris pods are nice, no real complaints. I like the PH / Versa design better though. The PH is a wonderful bi-pod, but about $250-$300 USD. The versa pods work well, but durability may be an issue. BUT, good news here, Versa is suppose to be producing the same pods but in Steel, not aluminum! That would be a great option if quality is controlled well.

MEL

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.. in steel you say. That would sertanly make things more interesting. Don't know why they didn't do it sooner! I heard the first production of Versa-pods the attching point was made of alumminiun and would brake quite often.

Anybody know whey they are thinking of doing it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts