Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a good holster for some time, and I found one that I like: Blackhawk's CQC holsters with active retention. I've tried a friend's, and it seems good, as well as having the features I was looking for. I am left wondering about a few things though.

(You can see what I'm talking about here)
http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/prod ... _id=130&d=

1) Is the CQC holster IDPA legal?

2) It is advertised for the service size Glocks (17, etc.) but will it work with a G34?

3) Will the allied equipment (mag pouchs) from that line be IDPA legal?

4) For their dress belt, http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/prod ... id=3516&d= how should I measure for the right size?

I would call their customer service people, but their office hours are past for today, and I'm trying to assemble my gear quickly, since I have a class on the 18th. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? I would really appreciate it.

P.S. I just purchased a 5.11 Range Ready bag, and when it gets here maybe I'll post an un-official "review" *grin*.

P.P.S. Just dropped $200 on a year membership at one of the local ranges today as well, my visa card is going to need to be put on ice shortly. :wink:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As an addendum here, I hope the big brown truck of happiness doesn't just leave my packages on my doorstep while I'm at work. I live in an apartment complex, and I would be most displeased is someone stole it. :evil:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allright, today is a new (business) day. I was able to answer most of my questions here through phone calls and a guy I know. In case anyone is interested, here are the answers:

1) CQC IDPA Legal? No.
2) Work w/ G34? Only works with advertised models.
4) Belt size? Your waist should work.

As for the UPS thing, talked to a guy who said if I wasn't home I'd likely just have to drive to the UPS building and pick it up.

Now, a few things. I bet the G34 would fit in that holster, but since its a no-go for IDPA, its out. As for the belt, I'm thinking size depends on how much stuff I hang off of it, and which pair of pants I'm wearing.

Back to the drawing board. Blade-Tech is nice...of course they're backed up right now. On the bright side, my 5.11 Range bag will be shipping today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts