Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bloodstained murderer showed up at the US Border. That's right. The guy was stained in blood.

He was also carrying a homemade sword, a knife, a hatchet and a bloody chainsaw. That's right, I said "a bloody chainsaw"

So what happened at US Customs? Those ever-alert guardians of America's security let the guy into the United States.

Read all about it:

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Canada/2 ... 77116.html

Does anyone feel safer?

Mad.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
maybe it's not the browsers.............

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Hehehe...that had to cut deep :lol:

Long story short, he had diced up his elderly neigbours.

(The guy with the chainsaw did, not Recoil)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Mad,

Where in the article did it say the guy was "bloodstained". It said the chainsaw was blood-stained but not him. Don't get me wrong. I am not in any way defending him or his actions. I hope he fries for what he has done. But I will defend the Customs guys. At the time this guy entered the US they did their job of checking his citizenship and seeing if he was wanted or had any warrants of arrest. He was not wanted so they had to let the guy go and confiscated the items he had. Had there been probable cause to hold the guy he would have been arrested and turned over to local police.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was another article that stated he was covered in blood. And that's what they said last night on CNN. ( Not that I can rely on anything that CNN would say)

Anyway, as time unfolds we will learn the whole story.

Mad

·
Registered
994 Posts

Scatch Maroo

EDITED SO RECOIL CAN READ (his intellectual disabilities permitting, of course :)):

This is from the Chron--sounds like Customs had no ability to stop him.

06-08) 10:03 PDT BOSTON, (AP) --

On April 25, Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood. U.S. customs agents confiscated the weapons and fingerprinted Despres. Then they let him into the United States.

The following day, a gruesome scene was discovered in Despres' hometown of Minto, New Brunswick: The decapitated body of a 74-year-old country musician named Frederick Fulton was found on Fulton's kitchen floor. His head was in a pillowcase under a kitchen table. His common-law wife was discovered stabbed to death in a bedroom.

Despres, 22, immediately became a suspect because of a history of violence between him and his neighbors, and he was arrested April 27 after police in Massachusetts saw him wandering down a highway in a sweat shirt with red and brown stains. He is now in jail in Massachusetts on murder charges, awaiting an extradition hearing next month.

At a time when the United States is tightening its borders, how could a man toting what appeared to be a bloody chain saw be allowed into the country?

Bill Anthony, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said the Canada-born Despres could not be detained because he is a naturalized U.S. citizen and was not wanted on any criminal charges on the day in question.

Anthony said Despres was questioned for two hours before he was released. During that time, he said, customs agents employed "every conceivable method" to check for warrants or see if Despres had broken any laws in trying to re-enter the country.

"Nobody asked us to detain him," Anthony said. "Being bizarre is not a reason to keep somebody out of this country or lock them up. ... We are governed by laws and regulations, and he did not violate any regulations."

Anthony conceded it "sounds stupid" that a man wielding what appeared to be a bloody chain saw could not be detained. But he added: "Our people don't have a crime lab up there. They can't look at a chain saw and decide if it's blood or rust or red paint."

Sgt. Gary Cameron of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police would not comment on whether it was, in fact, blood on the chain saw.

On the same day Despres crossed the border, he was due in a Canadian court to be sentenced on charges he assaulted and threatened to kill Fulton's son-in-law, Frederick Mowat, last August.

Mowat told police Despres had been bothering his father-in-law for the past month. When Mowat confronted him, Despres allegedly pulled a knife, pointed it at Mowat's chest and said he was "going to get you all."

Police believe the dispute between the neighbors boiled over in the early-morning hours of April 24, when Despres allegedly broke into Fulton's home and stabbed to death the musician and 70-year-old Veronica Decarie.

Fulton's daughter found her father's body two days later. His car was later found in a gravel pit on a highway leading to the U.S. border. Despres hitchhiked to the border crossing.

After the bodies were found on the afternoon of April 26, police set up roadblocks and sent out a bulletin that identified Despres as a "person of interest" in the slayings, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

The bulletin caught the eye of a Quincy police dispatcher because it gave the suspect's Massachusetts driver's license number, missing a character. The dispatcher plugged in numbers and letters until she found a last known address for Despres in Mattapoisett. She alerted police in that town, and an officer quickly spotted Despres.

In state court the next day, Despres told a judge that he is affiliated with NASA and was on his way to a Marine Corps base in Kansas at the time of his arrest.

After the case was transferred to federal court, Despres' attorney, Michael Andrews, questioned whether his client is mentally competent.

Fulton's friends in Minto, a village of 2,700 people, told the New Brunswick Telegraph-Journal that he was a popular musician, a guitarist known as the "Chet Atkins of Minto" and a 2001 inductee in the Minto Country Music Wall of Fame.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There. The article mentioned a sweatshirt with red and brown stains.

Anyway, take a look at the guy's neck. It looks like he got cut himself.

Wouldn't you like to be the guy's lawyer? Believe me, it sucks when have to deal with crazy people.

Mad

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
No thank you! I'll stick to slinging my chainsaw.

To cut TREES.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
No thank you! I'll stick to slinging my chainsaw.

To cut TREES.
I agree. the blood is messy, and the bones dull the chain to fast. :lol:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
This fella does not look real! He looks like a computer image of what he should look like. And he don't look like he would play county music! More like NIN or the likes. I saw the place on his neck and did not know what it was, you could be right it does look like a cut.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know why but reading this lit a fire under my ass. I'm currently in a recording studio in Orlando, Florida and everyone in the room has read the article. We are all in agreement, this guy needs to fry!

I know in Canada we dont have the death penalty but some times I wish we did. I realize that this thread is aimmed more at security protection of the boarder and it's horrible that customs could not detain that sob and just hold him until they found out what he did.

But to murder two 70 years old people who most likly can't defend themselves in such a way. I hope that bastard get's traded for cigarettes in prison for the rest of his life. Then when he turns 40 I hope he gets stabbed in the lunch line.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would agree that there appears to be a strong case for the prosecution.

But let's not get hasty here. I have to wonder whether or not the guy is insane. Look at his picture. Doesn't the guy look crazy to you?

Who in their right mind would commit a pair of horrible murders and then head on foot towards the border clutching the murder weapons? I would also expect a sane murderer to clean himself up and to discard his tools.

Anyway, if he did commit these gruesome crimes, the public needs to be protected from him.

It is too bad that Canada's gun laws deprived the elderly couple of the means to defend themselves. That's the thing that really bothers me and makes me

Mad

·
Registered
994 Posts
Kenshin said:
I realize that this thread is aimmed more at security protection of the boarder and it's horrible that customs could not detain that sob and just hold him until they found out what he did.
Is it unfortunate Customs did not have a lab to test his chainsaw on the spot? Yes. Is it 'horrible' of Customs to not detain him without JUST CAUSE? No.

If they had held him and for a few days while the chainsaw was tested, and it came back as paint, the ACLU and every other clown would be crying, "Fascist government!"

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think that it would be VERY easy to spot blood and bone on a chain saw.

He should be killed the same way his victms were killed!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Kenshin, I know a convicted killer. Served 20 years in solitary. Where is he right now? Well, after he finished doing about 20 years of community service in the form of informing people as to his mistakes by getting involved in crime, I last saw him at a gun store, buying a gun, as he is no longer affected by the punishments laid down upon him for those murders. This is at least one life that was given a chance instead of executed, and paid off.

As far as I care, that's worth paying the taxes for some fellow living in jail for the rest of his life.

It is too bad that Canada's gun laws deprived the elderly couple of the means to defend themselves. That's the thing that really bothers me and makes me
This is a silly statement. Not too many people in Canada own firearms to begin with. There is no evidence they WANTED guns to defend themselves. As such, the ONLY thing we could have done for them is warn them that a killer is on the way, which is, needless to say, impossible. Either way, they could still get a restricted liscence and own a hand gun. Like I said, crime just isn't that common up here.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts