Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a Mosin Nagant 7.62 X 54r 1943 model 91/30
After purchasing it, I have now been told to check it, as it could have the Finish barrel fitted, which is .308 not .311 as the Russian barrels were. The markings that can be seen on the barrel, appear to be Russian. Have tried to measure the internal diameter of the barrel with my vernier but it reads .303! Have tried to push a .311 and a .308 bullet head through the barrel with my cleaning rod but cant push ether through it.
Not exactly keen to try firing a round through it, as a way of finding what fits. Anybody got any ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
After purchasing it, I have now been told to check it, as it could have the Finish barrel fitted, which is .308 not .311 as the Russian barrels were. The markings that can be seen on the barrel, appear to be Russian. Have tried to measure the internal diameter of the barrel with my vernier but it reads .303! Have tried to push a .311 and a .308 bullet head through the barrel with my cleaning rod but cant push ether through it.
Not exactly keen to try firing a round through it, as a way of finding what fits. Anybody got any ideas
slug the barrel with a lead shot, tapped through the barrel with a wooden dowel. Thats what cast bullet users do to determine exactly what the barrel is and what size the bullets need to be. After you push the lead through you can get an exact measurement with your calipers.

·
Registered
1 Posts

tons of info including identification info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts