Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been stuck in the office doing paperwork and administrative stuff for the past week due to a fractured finger. I was interviewing a possible suspect and he ran for it. We hadn't accused him of anything, but when said, "We're from the FBI, we'd like to ask you a few questions...", he bolted. To make a long story short, I tackled him trying to go into a store. He tried to grab me in his own twisted version of self defense, so I did what JuJuitsu says to do. Because of all the adrenaline, I went a little hard and his knee joint is a little screwed up. Do you guys have any advice on ways to heal fractures (aside from the basics like splinting it and the usual)? I really want to get out of the office and any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
The only thing that heals a fracture is your body and time. Eating well and taking vitamins will help a little, but that is about it.

I know what you mean as far as taking down someone. We were taking a meth monster down once and a new guy was a little excited and broke his arm on accident. OOPS!

Hope your feeling better soon.

·
Registered
522 Posts
SOoooo your an FBI agent openly coming on a Sniping/Marksmanship board, asking for medical advice..... :?

WebMD and other could probably offer faster reponses bud.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Unless you are on a medical light duty and need a clean X-ray to escape - you're mainly looking for pain management techiques. In additiion to them, use the age old standbys from football and baseball to accellerate (as much as you can) the healing process - theraputic massage, heat (to increase circulation and blood flow to the area) and ice to reduce swelling after the massage and heat.

JeffVN

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpEcTeR said:
SOoooo your an FBI agent openly coming on a Sniping/Marksmanship board, asking for medical advice..... :?

yes it probably would. But i like the people who frequent this forum a lot more. And the fact that i am an FBI agent isn't a secret. I'm not in the CIA and i dont have anything to hide. I come to this forum because i enjoy long distance shooting and hunting.

·
Registered
524 Posts
!

Depends on the position of the break(s) and what finger. I have been able to get away with a buddy tape from time to time (taping the broke finger to a good one), but if its real bad you are stuck splinting and letting your body heal......the younger you are the better for heal time.

If its your shooting hand I wouldn't try to rush anything if I were you.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
SpEcTeR said:

I realy dont see what the problem is. He is serving our country as much as any other LE, in some cases he is at a highr risk depending on what he is doing with the FBI. In fact it is nice to have a Federal agents point of view sometimes.

·
Registered
994 Posts
It may very well be possible Specter has other reasons for his suspicion in addition from this one post. Eka, I do not think his objection was that FBI is an agent of the FBI. I would hope for better capitalization from a special agent, too. :wink:

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
522 Posts
I meant no disrespect to anyone, the FBI or any LE agency.

However the FBI has specific resources that are only allocated to them and I found it surprising that an agent would consider our opinions, is all. It is a humbling thing and a nice thing but still peculiar.

Also, as some of you are aware or not. This site was/is under congressional watch by the federal govt. and I found it a tad peculiar that an FBI agent would actively participate and disclose his affiliation.

Again, I meant not to disrespect or discredit but at least you guys see now where I'm coming from now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Recoil,

I wasn't objecting to anything, in fact I tried to help by suggesting a source of good information.

I find it interesting that others took more offense to my unoffensive statement than FBI did. :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry about the spelling Scatch. I was in a hurry.

You don't really have to worry about the watch over your website that much, as long as you aren't plotting a terrorist attack. All firearm/weapons oriented websites are screened for possible threats, but they dont have somebody who's job it is to read the website everyday.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

I considered your opinions because it was 1. I don't have an FBI compuer sitting in my room with extra resources. 2. I have lurked this and other firearm websites before and I found that you guys seem to the friendliest and most helpful.

Now that my logic in starting this post is explained we can all play nice.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You don't really have to worry about the watch over your website that much, as long as you aren't plotting a terrorist attack. All firearm/weapons oriented websites are screened for possible threats, but they dont have somebody who's job it is to read the website everyday.

Man, I'm relieved. I was afraid for one moment that I was going to have to answer for the holes that I drilled in that desk.....

Mad

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
FBI said:
Yea, the FBI has a special program that moniters the web that is programmed to pick out key things. This came to light a few years back and people were throwing a tizzy over it. I can't remember the name now. Anyway don't worry folks I had a buddy of mine from the Army hack into it so it wouldn't moniter this site any more. :lol: (just kidding about the hacking )

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Recoil said:
[. Thus, I am almost certainly already "on the list." Basically, there's no flying under the radar for this guy which leaves me free to pee in the goverment's Cheerios at will! :D :lol:
Yea, I am sure, in fact I know the govt has checked me out more than once due to my current job, military, former job etc. They probably know things about me I don't know. :lol: The funny thing is everyone is so paranoid about it, but the kicker is there is soo much info coming into the NSA FBI etc that not only can they not get through it all, but they don't have time and could care less about the average guy even if he is doing something like cheating the IRS for $20.00 in tax money. Yea they look at some things, but last i heard they were so back logged with sifting through info it was insane.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Recoil, the eagle has flown...shoot the moon...I say again, it's time!

Er, oh...Hi FBI. Don't think anything of us :lol:

We know you're not monitoring the site dude, no worries.

And wasn't it HCI watching the place, not the Govt?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts