Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'd call Brownells.

Brownells will order the parts from Armalite for you. And the folks at Brownells are very knowledgable and helpful. They have full time gunsmiths on staff and they will tell you everything you need to know.

Brownells even has a toll free number. 800-741-0015. Give them a call and ask them. And get them to send you a copy of their free catalogue.

I just checked with DPMS. They have an action block especially made for .308 AR upper receivers. It is called the Panther Claw and it is part no 308-TL-PRC. The price is $57.95.

Using the Panther Claw and the Armalite wrench, you would assemble your AR-10 in the exact same fashion as mentioned above.

Mad

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have looked at the KT lowers and I am not capable of drilling the holes it needs. I would like to find someone with the tools that I could use though!!

I just used the moly stuff that Bushmaster recomends. A small tube will do a bunch of guns and it was only a couple of bucks.

The next project that I want to tackle is using a Hart barrel (send them your bolt and they will fit it to your barrel ~$400).

Hey MEL, what do you say that we sticky a pic thread for the builds that we have completed?? Also some of the threads like this one?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Anyone can build a KT lower. The lower is clearly indexed, so you cannot go wrong in locating the holes. With a cheap drill press, it is absolutely schumer-proof.

The moly stuff sold by Bushmaster is excellent. But you don't need to use it. I always feel ripped off by Bushmaster because they charge $8 even to ship very small parts. I wish they would only charge the actual postage. That said, their customer service is top notch.

The toughest part with building a KT lower used to be cutting the magazine release slot, but now he makes this cut on his receivers.

If you have a son, you should build a KT lower with him. That would be a fine father and son project, one that would immunize your child from the harmful effects of leftist propoganda.

Actually, I would like to build an AR-15 upper using a .204 Ruger barrel.

Check out http://www.whiteoakarmament.com White Oak sells stainless barrels in this caliber.

Mad

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Good idea Mad, I will give Brownells a call. I have always heard they are easy to deal with, as well as being very helpful.

John

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
caver101 said:
Hey MEL, what do you say that we sticky a pic thread for the builds that we have completed?? Also some of the threads like this one?
Um, just another thread in the DIY for completed pics? I made this particular thread a sticky...

MEL

·
Registered
492 Posts
good advice, that will help me out a lot when I decide to biuld another one!! He He He :D

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
[quote:3ifgpgdn] have looked at the KT lowers and I am not capable of drilling the holes it needs. I would like to find someone with the tools that I could use though!!
[/quote:3ifgpgdn]

There is a web site, www.ar15plus.com that specializes in 80% AR15 lowers,as well as 1911 frames, and all the dies ,drills, and jigs to complete one.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Pstamato said:
I am convinced on the DPMS LRT-SASS I love it ! What do you guys think?
What does that have to do with building uppers?

Rigger

·
Registered
55 Posts
oops wrong post! so critcal! Anyway I like the DPMS .308 upper and if I was going to build an upper I would use there upper with a noveske barrel, also would throw on a larue tactical quad rail forend full length. Since i live in jersey I would have to attach a muzzle break instead of a flash suppressor or do with out the threaded barrel. I would also like to flute the barrel. But that is just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Here's a pic of a KT-15-B lower, Type III, with a 1968 M16A1 Upper. It's anodized in early Colt Gray.

Jeff

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just want to say "Thanks" to Mad and everyone else who made contributions. I wanted to do a build, but was apprehensive. I reread the directions a couple times. Went to the local gunshop, bought a Mega lower and a parts kit. After 10 days I went back and picked it up. Putting it all together was fun, rewarding and really a piece of cake. It was so much fun that I went back and paid for a Rock River lower. Now I need to wait for 6 more weeks for my Rock River Preditor Pursuit upper.
myerfire

·
Registered
1 Posts
M4 cuts on ar15 upper receiver and the M4 cuts on the chamber matching up don't align with it. Does anyone know how I should fix this problem? Waiting for your responses.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi guys! Can I build and sell AR 15 uppers (with 16 inch barrels) without an FFL?
Uppers are fine. They are considered just parts. It's the lower you need FFL and considered as an actual firearm.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Hi guys! Can I build and sell AR 15 uppers (with 16 inch barrels) without an FFL?
This is a question that one should ask the atf. The consequences of being wrong are not ones that anyone wants to pay. The anonymous forum people are not good witnesses in court.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts