Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you say pretty much useless for a 20 inch barrel in 308? Trying to decide between it and a xotic scope. I'm going with one of the two it all depends on whether this ballistic mildot is worth anything.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I like Burris scopes. They have a lifetime warrenty, well built and good optics. As for mil dots, a mill dot is a mil dot.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I said ballistic mildot, it's different from other mildots. it compensates for drop. check out the burris website.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Nope, actually he means the ballistic mil-dot which is "like" the ballistic plex but with a mil-dot. You can see it here:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles.html

Scroll to the bottom.

Here is my take. IF you want to use the ballistics portion, you'll need to find a load out of your 20" that will match it really close. Even if its just "semi" close, it may be worth it.

Now, the thing I like about this reticule is that you lose NOTHING of the functionality of the mil-dots. As the distance from the fat stadia on bottom to the crosshairs is the standard 5 mils, so you can still mil everything from 1-10 mils like a normal mil-dot reticule. BUT, you have the advange of a ballistic compensating reticule if you decide to use it. I like the idea and especially the fact they preserved 100% functionality while adding a possible useful feature.

MEL

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts