Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know someone on here has or had a Burris Black Diamond. i did a search and came up with way too many items for my lazy butt to sort through :p . i was thinking of buying one of these in 6-24X50 with the Ballistic Mil-Dot reticle. how are these scopes? clarity, quality, etc? for about $300 more i can get a loopy, but is the loopy worth $300 more? the disadvantage with the loopy is that you have to go with 6.5-20X50 or an 8.5-25X50. i've heard good things about burris lately and i was just thinking this was a viable, less expensive option. what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I'm not the person you were referring to, but my experience with the Burris BD scopes has been very favorable. They are EXCELLENT optics and rugged. The only down side to this BD scope is the limited number of elevation adjustments (52 MOA). With a 20 MOA base you will be able to go from 100-900 and "maybe" 1000, it'll be very close. If you can live with that, then they are a great scope.

MEL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Mel: They are EXCELLENT optics and rugged. The only down side to this BD scope is the limited number of elevation adjustments (52 MOA). With a 20 MOA base you will be able to go from 100-900 and "maybe" 1000, it'll be very close.
Mel nailed it. I have a Burris BD 8.5-25x50mm Mil Dot. Great scope, but I due to the adjustments needed for its intended project, it simply wasn't up to the task. However...It now resides atop my AR (APK). I haven't had much time w/ this scope on the AR (only 30 rounds), but it seems like a nice rugged scope. I like to refer to Mel's saying of "what suits your needs?" this phrase has helped me make many decisions along the way. Recoil will be the first to tell you I am a glass whore, it's true, i LOVE optics. But unltimately, no matter how trick or bada$$ a scope is, if it doesn't complement the purpose it is intented to serve...then all the adjustment, magnification & and illuminated doo-dads in the world don't mean JACK.

Mine seems clear, and is a great scope for what I will be asking of it (P-DOG massacre :twisted: ). I'm a big Leupy fan, I like the quality of the projects, and although I treat mine as if they are gold plated...I have heard they can take quite a beating. I believe mel can attest to that.

Like I said, what do you want out of the scope? That will determine what is best for you.

APK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts