Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Rotterdam,

I was in a gunshop today and checking out some euorpean optics and got a hold of a new burris flyer for their new tactical line. The store did not have any of the new Burris in stock for me to check out but dose anyone have one or had a good look at one. I was reading the flyer {more like having a friend translate from Dutch to English} and the specs seem really killer.
any one have input.
cheers,
Kenshin

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
These scopes are not available until May of this year, so no one has them yet to play with. Here is Burris' official web site about the scopes:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/tactical.html

I am really looking forward to these scopes, and I'd like to eval one of the 3-12x50mm olive drab scopes.

It really sounds like they have done it right. Extra thick tube walls for strength, side focus, index matched lenses, new BIG turrets. To top it off, the 3-12x and 10x have a full 90 MOA of adjustments. Sounds like these are going to be great scopes.

Their ballistic mil-dot reticule has some merits also that I am recently sidcovering. I plan to do a review at some point on this reticule.

MEL

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Thanks for the link!

Well, I guess the "may of 2005" must just be fore the illuminated reticule. These prices are indeed very good. I checked with my distributors and I cannot get them yet, but SWFA is a huge scope dealer so I suppose they have better pull than me :wink: As soon as my suppliers have them, I'll let everyone know what I'll sell them for.

MEL

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Are you going to offer special deals to your memebers (the ones that pay) or do they get the same price as non paying forum memebers? That could be a plus for joining!!

Something like 55% off :wink: :wink: :lol: (I know, I know, whishfull thinking)

And I LIKE THE GREEN ONE!!

PS- Where is Troy Roades (sp?) Looks like he won the $20,000 contest!!

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I would venture to say he's probably partying!

Yes, the idea is to offer good discounts to members. BUT, you may have to wait about 2 weeks to get it, as its difficult for me to stock EVERYTHING.

For instance, pick a scope, and I'll give you my pricing. (I don't have pricing on the burris tactical's yet... so pick something else)

MEL

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
A wait is no problem for a good deal!! :D

Is the discount bigger for paying members or the same for all forum members?

(and yea, I wanted a price on a burris scope :lol: )

The problem I now have is that my sporting goods store has just sold to new owners :cry: I can no longer get my leupolds at cost :cry: :cry: or free FFL transfers or BIG discounts on new rifles :cry: :cry: or sell my used rifles for free :cry: :cry: it is a sad sad day here in my neck of the woods :cry: :cry: sorry......... I got to go get a tissue :cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
caver101 said:
Is the discount bigger for paying members or the same for all forum members?
It depends on if it'll get everyone to sign up or not :wink:

Actually, I'm still debating that. I really would hate to make someone signup for membership to get a good deal.... but, I cannot advertise certain scopes (leupold for instance) below "Manufacturers Advertised Pricing" (MAP). But I could list pricing if it was only viewable to paying members. So I was thinking of making the members only pricing only viewable when logged in, but would give the pricing to anyone who really asked.... (make any sense?)

The problem I now have is that my sporting goods store has just sold to new owners :cry: I can no longer get my leupolds at cost :cry: :cry: or free FFL transfers or BIG discounts on new rifles :cry: :cry: or sell my used rifles for free :cry: :cry: it is a sad sad day here in my neck of the woods :cry: :cry: sorry......... I got to go get a tissue :cry: :cry:
Ouch... that hurts

MEL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts