Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how decent are they compared to nightforce leupold etc?

how rugged are they?

can they stand up to the abuse military troops give scopes?

was looking at the 8-32x scope they have.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Burris makes excellent scopes. Their new XTR (tactical) scopes should even be better and should be right up there with other high end tactical models. They are not quite out yet, so I have not gotten my hands on one to give a thorough test, but I have no reason to think they would not be great. Their signature series is great and their fullfield 2 series is about the best in its price range. They are good rugged scopes, and they even offer a custom shop. The only problem I have with burris signature and fullfield series is the relatively small amount of adjustment range which can pose a problem when trying to take the .308 out to 1000. Their new XTR's do NOT have this problem and have plenty of adjustments.

MEL

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've been a Burris fan for at least 20 years now. I have found them to be more rugged than Leupold, Springfield or NightForce. I've used them on rifles chambered in everything from 22lr to 458 Lott and have yet to have a failure of ANY kind. I also think their optics are absolutely first class, even comparable with my Ziess and Kahles scopes. The adjustments are precise and repeatable and do not shift under recoil or rough treatment. They are, in my notoriously un-humble opinion, the best scope value on the market today. Make sure to check out their ballistic-plex reticle. It's really slick for a lot of shooting applications.

K2

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have Leupold (Vari-X II and Vari-X III), Burris (Compact and Fullfield II), Bushnell (Trophy) and Nikon (UCC Monarch). Out of all of them (I know I'm somewhat comparing apples to oranges here as they are all different levels), I still Leupold is the best thing going b/t the three. Optics seem to have more clarity and seem to be brighter. I hate the fact that Leupold's prices keep going up but I honestly think you get what you pay for. Since I have strayed from Laupold, I think I'll be going back now that I have tried others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two Burris scopes, the most recent being a Black Diamond 8-32x50 with the ballistic mil dot. I also have 2 Leupolds and 2 Shepherds and my experience has been that the Burris scopes seem as bright and clear as the Leupolds and the Shepherds. I have not exposed any of the above scopes to any rough treatment so I can't say how they my or may not hold up.

I don't think you will regret buying a Burris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts