Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Burris xtr II is my vote , i was in cabalas the other day and they have a glass cabinet FULL of factory refurbished VORTEX scopes , tells me that with out that super warranty the scope is junk unless you are just a bench shooter go burris i dont need my optics to fail when im in the field
You understand the scope we are talking about is not out yet and not one of the original PST refurb scopes? The new scope can not be judged by the old. Maybe that is why the new is here? ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I love Vortex stuff. I have two of their 6-24x50 FFP PST's. But the Burris has a 34mm tube and 26 mils of elevation, versus the PST II's 30mm tube and 20 mils of elevation, so I'm hoping to get a Burris XTR II next.

Problem is... I don't have another rifle to put it on yet!

I know the PST II is.... new... so it might have problems in the beginning, but that wouldn't worry me too much since they have a great warranty, and I think that Vortex has their "scope building process" figured out pretty well by now.

Of course, the new PST isn't even available yet so it might depend on how much of a hurry you're in anyways...

My vote is still the Burris though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Vortex Razor is a very nice scope and if it wasnt for the brand you would never know its from the same company I know the new PST is not out yet and i know its possible for it to be great but going off the intel i have now Burris XTR II is a very good scope for the money

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you and I decided to go with Burris because I already own a first generation PST. It's been a great long range scope for me but since owning it I've had to send it back for repairs every year for three years. That's made me pretty unhappy. Burris has a forever warranty too so I am ready to try something different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Burris has more turret up adjustment (110) while Gen II Pst has 75. Not that this matters given canted base options but just saying...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks everyone for your advice. I apologise for kind of abandoning the thread the moment I posted it. I got extremely busy with work all of a sudden.
One thing I noticed just recently is that the Burris is close to $200 (Australian) more expensive. I know that once you get to this price range you probably shouldn't rule out the much better scope just because of $200 but it is worth noting. I still haven't decided yet haha but it seems most here seem to be in favor of the Burris in these early gen 2 PST days.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts