Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So my problem is this.

I am thinking about buying busnell elite 4200 or maybe 3200 do you know what types they are offering in 30mm tubes?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, since I'm the guy in charge of this here site, and a nicer guy than spade :wink:

Bushnell only offers two scopes with 30mm tubes.
4200 42-2151M 2.5-10x50mm
3200 32-3955E 3-9x50mm European

neither one of them is particularly suited well for sniping....

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
mele said:
Well, since I'm the guy in charge of this here site, and a nicer guy than spade :wink:
Thats not saying much, Mel.

Just kiddin Spade, lol, you know I like ya. Get to know him and he'll help ya out with damn near anything.

If you can live without 50mm, a 4200 4-16x40 is starting to look pretty good to me. The clarity was nice, and I have a 3200 10x40 I'm very happy with. 4200 looks better though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is bigger is better??

I just thought that if you can afford a 50mm scope and sometimes shooting in low light 50mm is the way to go. There is one more thing should i get leupold Quick release bases and rings or Talley 2 pice? I could also use my old base and buy new rings but i cant find rings for it(2 pice studded).

Hope you all can help :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I just installed some leupold mounts and rings, they seem pretty solid. The twist on front ring takes some effort to move and the two fat screws in the back locked up tight. I like the little Torx screws too.

Would you be able to go for a one piece mount?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
base

I can get 1 piece mount. Are they better? I like the look on the 2 pice but if 1 pice are more solid and better i will go for that.
Your thoughts??

Kind regards,
Ice

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about this?

Are these any good?
Buehler SST Scope Rings and Bases
[/img]http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/65/75/52_1.JPG

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts

They look cool to me.

I dunno about the one or two piece bases, one piece is sturdier but some two piece bases look cool too.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The one vs. two piece debate continutes to be waged. Personally, I have used many of each and cannot find any real advantage of one over the other. If you are going with a tapered base, you will be using a one piece. I have also "heard" a theory that a one piece base will stiffen the action, potentially helping with accuracy, I have seen no proof of this though. Two piece bases are lighter.

As a side note, the US Army, on the M24, went from a one piece to a two piece base. I feel that as long as you buy quality, either one will work just as good as the other

MEL

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have also heard that one piece actions will put stress on the action which will have the opposite affect over long term than what Mel heard. Seems like everyone has a different viewpoint on this one.

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts