Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm a n00b. so I have n00b questions.

I've been looking at the Accuracy International line of rifles.
My question is, what is the buttspike used for?

I can't see how it has any practical purpose when shooting.
Wouldn't the spike dig into whatever its resting on from the recoil?

Please, Id like to hear what it is all about.

Rick S.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
First off... Welcome to the Sniper Central forums. :D Now... for the answer. Same purpose as a bipod... but for the rear of the rifle. The good buttstock monopods are adjustable just like a bipod. Also... scuttlebutt is that Accuracy International is going out of bussiness. H&K might be buying them up here some time...

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yes they make very nice rifles... hope H&K buys them and builds them up to specs... or better if possible.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Yeah, theres a couple monopods on the market for the butt end. Spade knows what one is called but I forgot. Its a rubber ball. My Choate stock has a knob you turn to raise or lower the butt end.

Anyone who bough an AI might have one heck of an investment gun.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I've been tempted to get one. But it shouldn't have any more problems with digging in or anything than a bipod leg. Just a little more stability it what it's intended for. Was it an "accushot" or some thing? "When you only have one shot, make it an accushot"?. Something like that? :?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Its called the accushot monopod. Good piece of machinery. Works as intended. Just cause youve got it though, doesnt mean you dont have to lay that sholder into the rifle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts