Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find the best deal on 1000 rds of .223 or 5.56. Was going to buy federal independence from natchezss, but I seen some at bulkammo. It was tulAmmo and was pretty cheap. Came out at .22 per round. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you don't mind shooting steel cased in your AR, why not? I'm pretty sure it will be your practice plinking ammo, right? I don't feel comfortable shooting steel case out of my AR, so I normally shop for XM193. Cost is some where around .30 to .35 per round. Definitely bit higher price than Tulammo or similar kinds.

Some Cons with Steel-case ammo. * Depends on the number of rounds you go through your AR, you will for sure run into a few incidents of stuck cases. * Your AR will wear quicker. If you don't go through thousands rounds a year, well... it would not matter, I guess. * They are bimetal jacketted. Your range may not approve of them. * Do not ask for a great accuracy. Quality is not there.

Pros. Cheap. Even if you will go through some malfuntions, if you are not going to go heavily with your train and enjoying your weekends out in no-where, saving some cash may not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the military law enforcement training 9mm ammo? At Natchez It's a bit cheaper then the American eagle. Says brass casings.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What about the military law enforcement training 9mm ammo? At Natchez It's a bit cheaper then the American eagle. Says brass casings.

I went into Natchez web to see what others are available. I've seen some wicked **** with Remington and American Eagle red box. So... I try to not get them unless I don't much to choose from. It probably was the pistols which were being particular about some ammo. They're still OK ammo, it's just personal preferences.

However, I would rather go with Fiocchi, Winchester white box, or CCI Blazer. I see the price points are right there with each others. For last few years I've been shooting them for practice and training. Those boxes were very reliable cheap practice ammo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts